Chapter 11

Shouto.

I dropped her off to the same cafe we both met first time after my training overseas. She had been awfully quiet during the whole car ride. I wanted to start a topic if she didn't want to, but I didn't know what topic to start. So silence just filled the whole care, except for the music playing. Kicking my shoes off of my feet, I stepped inside my penthouse and quickly walked to the shower to take a bath. I feel really sticky because of my sweat earlier.

There wasn't a major villain attack this time, online some small ones, like robbery and such. But there were many of those cases at the area we patrolled in. Where are the other agencies? I thought that there were many heroes on that area to patrol. Well, maybe they were on break? The area is quite far away from the main plaza of the city anyways, it was already at the border and you can already see the fields not so far away.

The cold shower falling from the rain shower head, down to my naked body, I poured shampoo over my palm and gently scattered it on my hair, scrubbing it to my scalp to avoid dandruff. After taking that short bath, I walked towards the mirror and stared at myself. I have been wary of my appearance every now and then, unlike my UA me who barely cared about how I look. I didn't know why...

I left my hair down, not putting gel on it as I'm just going to go to a simple family dinner. I sat down on my bed after wearing a black turtleneck sweater, gray sweatpants. My eyes landed on that small photo on my bedside table. It was our recent family picture. Its nice to have a loving family. Finally, we all made up with Father, as he did with Mother. Touya also got out of the villain rehabilitation center.

That picture was taken when we once went for a picnic beside a lake. The background was the lake, a big tree behind us. I was at the front middle, behind me was Mother and Father, Fuyumi was beside Mother. Touya and Natsuo were smiling cheekily at the back, pinching each other's cheeks. Finally, we're a complete family, like how I ever wanted since I was a kid, to have a normal family.

Then, the thought of me having a child came across my mind. I would never marry for convenience, to have a heir just because of so... I want to marry someone I will truly love, someone I'll be happy to spend my life with, someone whose willing to bore as many kids as we want together, someone... who'll make happiness last forever.

Because, If I did marry just to make an heir, there wont be love in our household. The child will only suffer because of its parents, and I wouldn't want that to happen to my future child. I don't want to repeat my Father's mistakes to my soon heir, its already lucky enough that we get to spend half or even a quarter of our lives as a complete family. There was this 90% chance of staying the same, the same when the house is full of emptiness, not enough love for each member of the family.

And then my gaze shifted to the small photo next to our family photo. It was a child me, and a child Momo. She was wearing a white off - shoulder chiffon dress, paired with white sandals and as a design, my flower sculpted ice, at the front of her white sandals. Her hair was tied up into a bohemian bun, some of her raven strands falling down onto her face. She was smiling cheekily as her arm was on my shoulder, pulling my face closer to hers as she showed a peace sign.

There I stood beside her, wearing a white shirt underneath a black blazer, black pants and dress shoes. I still didn't have my scar at that time, and it was Mother and Momo's mother that took the photo of us together. It was the first time we both met...