The Sword Part 3

Y/n walked out of his room. As he walked down the hall to the sleeping quarters, he showed a smile on his face. He was reminiscing about what Catra and Adora did for him yesterday. They risked their newly acquired positions as force captains just so he can see the outside. He couldn't be anymore grateful to them. So now he was on his way to thank them and say his goodbyes. For he knew this might be the last time he sees them.

The doors to the sleeping quarters slid open. Horde cadets scrambled passed Y/n as he tried to find Adora and Catra. As the crowd began to thin, he realized that he didn't see them anywhere. He stopped one of the last cadets, who just so happened to be Kyle.

Kyle: O-oh! Hey Y/n. I don't usually see you out here.

Y/n pointed to his visor as it showed a picture of Catra and Adora.

Kyle: You're looking for Catra and Adora?

Y/n nodded in response.

Kyle: Yeah, nobody has seen them all morning. It's normal for Adora to be up early to train. But Catra usually sleeps in, even past noon.

Y/n showed a hint of concern. He thought about where they could be. He thought about checking the locker room, but then remembered their trip to the Whispering Woods yesterday, and how Adora was talking about some mysterious sword.

Kyle: Hey if you're looking for someone to hang out with, I can free up some time on my schedu-

Y/n walked down the hall, heading to the skiffs.

Kyle: O-okay... bye.

Y/n walked past the parked skiffs in the docking bay, counting each of them as he went by. All of them seemed to be accounted for. Y/n placed a hand on his chin, puzzled on where his friends might've went off to. He looked up at one of the walls and spotted a security camera. An idea came to his mind and he went back the way he came.

Y/n entered his room and went straight to his computer. He opened a window saying "Cameras". Y/n mentally thanked himself for wiring his computer to the mainframe years ago.

His computer displayed several screens of security footage of the past days. He looked at the feed of the camera outside the sleeping quarters. At 2:00am, Adora snuck out of the door but then was stopped by Catra. Catra walked up to her, seemingly haveing a conversation. Y/n let out a huff, wishing that videos had sound to them. He'd kill to find out what they wer're saying.

Though he couldn't hear what his friends were saying, he could tell by their body language that they were arguing. They stopped talking for a moment before a small smile appeared on Adora's face. She talked to Catra once more before walking down the corridor as Catra followed her.

Y/n's head looked over to the skiff docking bay feed, and sure enough, Catra and Adora walkied into view. Catra got on one of the skiffs, but then Adora got her attention. She seemed to convince Catra to not take the skiff. Probably so they wouldn't raise suspicion if the Horde captains discovered that one of their skiffs were missing.

Catra let out a huff before jumping off the skiff and landing in the sand below. Then the two girls walked off into the plains, getting out of view of the camera. Y/n did see the direction they were going, and he realized his theory was correct. They went to the Whispering Woods.

Y/n stepped back in disbelief. How could they do something so reckless? Y/n tried to wrap his head around the situation until-

???: Y/n!

Y/n whipped his body around and saw Shadow Weaver standing in the doorway.

Shadow Weaver: Catra and Adora are nowhere to be found, and I know that you have something to do with it. Where are they?