|8|

Your P.O.V

"In the past few days, I have listened to all of our audio recordings and reviewed the video footage we captured. I've gone over them many times. And I have come to a conclusion. Our surveillance of the Kitamura and Yagami households has revealed.'' L cut himself off. All of the task force was here together to discuss what data we had gathered so far. The atmosphere was tense and quiet. "Nothing.'' You could hear everyone except L and I let out a small sigh of relief.
L then proceeded to talk about when we would have the chance to remove all of the cameras and wiretaps in their houses. Overall, You could tell that L was annoyed due to the fact we didn't have any prime suspects or leads.

"Why don't we make this our day off?" Matsuda asked. Everyone agreed. Everyone except L  of course. "L come on. You seem like you never get out.'' I said as I walked behind the couch. "No thank you. I have everything I need to be entertained right here.'' I let out a small sigh as I walked to the bedroom. "Pity. Guess I'll have to go to all those sweet shops by myself than huh?" The second I said the word 'Sweet' L immediately spun his head around to look at me. "Well...I suppose I could go out for an hour or two.'' I smiled at him before walking into the bedroom to get my things.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"So does this mean you'll get my lemons than?" I looked up from my backpack to see that Zellogi was standing next to me. "Yeah sure.'' I said as I tucked the notebook into my backpack. I paused before looking back up to them. "Zellogi.'' "Hm?" "There was something I read in the book. Something about...Shinigami eyes. What the hell are those?" I heard him chuckle slightly before sitting on the bed. I turned around and sat against the wall to listen to him.

"A human owner can make the trade with the Shinigami who possess them, and gain the eyes in exchange for half of their remaining . A human can never regain the fraction of their lifespan that has been sacrificed in exchange for the Shinigami Eyes, even if the human loses ownership of their Death Note and their Shinigami Eyes. Each subsequent deal will again half their remaining lifespan.''

I let out a small chuckle and looked back up to him. "So, Can I tell everyone's lifespan than? Anyone I was to look at?" I asked. Zellogi shook his head. "You can tell almost any human's lifespan. That is except for yourself, a Shinigami, or another Deathnote owner. You can also tell anyone's real name by looking at them.'' I let out a small sigh. "So. What if I were to make that deal with you right now?"

Dead silence.

And than a laughter erupted from Zellogi. "What's so funny?" I asked as I stood up. He just continued laughing. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the wardrobe, pulling out the only outfit i had, had time to wash. "Well it's just, no human I've ever worked with had wanted to make a deal this quickly. Especially one who hasn't written any names in the book.'' I turned back to him and shrugged. "I don't really have anyone I want to kill. I mean why the hell would i-'' And than it hit me. Like a brick to the face. "Juan. Juan Garcia.'' I could see Zellogi cock an eyebrow at my words. "So you've finally decided to off someone than hm?" He asked. I nodded my head. "He should've been dead a long time ago.'' I said as I pulled out my shirt from the drawer. "Now, do you mind going to another room while I change?" Without second guessing me, Zellogi walked out of the bedroom.

I turned back and began to change. My outfit consisted of black ripped jeans, red high tops, and a red and black plaid long sleeved shirt. I let my (H/C) Hair fall out of it's messy bun, letting it sit on my shoulders. I also had a black face mask on. To cover up my identity since we would be in such a large group today.

"Hey! (Y/n) All of us except the chief are heading out. Hope you don't mind but you'll have to catch a ride with him alright?" I heard Ukita shout. "Sounds good!" I replied as I walked into the bathroom. I went to the sink and began to brush my teeth. Once I was done i looked around, calling out for Zellogi. I jumped when he walked through the wall like it was nothing. "Right so, do we have a deal?" I asked him. He just laughed and looked down at me. "Is that a yes or a no?" "If that is what you want.'' I nodded. Zellogi held out his hand and I shook it. After I let go I didn't feel different. "Go try it out.'' He said as I grabbed my backpack. "Alright?" I added as I walked out of the bathroom.

I walked out and into the living area where I saw Chief Yagami. Above his head in red letters read: Soichiro Yagami. Below that read a date. I assumed that was the day he would die. 11/11/12. I let out a sigh. So that meant he would die sometime next year. "Ah (Y/n)! Sorry to keep you waiting.'' The chief said as he made his way over to the door. "Oh  no worries Mr.Yagami. Thank you for the ride.'' I said as I followed him out of the hotel room. "My pleasure. Oh! While you were getting ready, I received a text from my son: Light. He needed me to pick him up early from his school, so We'll be stopping there before meeting the others downtown.'' By now the 2 of us were outside of the hotel and heading to his car. "That doesn't sound like a problem.''  I responded as I got into the back seat. "Well, let's get going than!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I felt the car come to a stop as I looked up from my phone. I was shocked to see we were at my old high school: Daikoku Private Academy. "Kaede Tanaka. This is my son.'' (I forgot to mention that your coverup name for light would be that until you revealed yourself) I heard the chief say. I turned as I extended my hand out to shake his son's hand. ''Pleasure to meet you. I'm Light Yagami.'' When I opened my eyes I felt like they would almost pop out of their sockets.

Light Yagami didn't have a life span above his head.