|14|

Your P.O.V

"L come on. I'm fine." L was currently sitting next to me on the bed going through some notes regarding the Kira case. It was a day after The little 'incident'. L had insisted that Watari and himself take me to a hospital to check out my leg. I had denied but of course, L won.

It turned out that my left Humerus and wrist had been broken. But not my Elbow or Shoulder. So I currently couldn't do anything with my left upper side.. I had left in a cast. "No. You're clearly still too badly injured to do anything. So I will stay here until then." I let out a groan. I knew there was no way I was getting out of this now.

"Fine. You win L." I said as I laid against the headboard. I could see his tiny smile creep onto his face as he turned a page in his folder.

We sat in silence for what seemed like Decades. I could see Zellogi in the corner doing something but I could see what to be exact. "Hey L." "Hm?" He make a questioning noise as he turned to face me. "Would you mind getting my guitar please?" Without saying a word, L got up from the bed and made his way to the corner of the room. He grabbed my guitar and my notebook, handing them to me as he sat back down. "Are you going to play a song?" He asked. I nodded. "Do you wanna pick it out?" Without replying he sad directly Beside me and began to flip through the pages.

"How about this one?" He stopped and held up a page titled 'Insecurities' I could feel my heart sink as I remembered when I wrote this song. It was a little while after my ex and I broke up. He had left me for or of my best friends. Such a basic way. "Alright, insecurities it is."

I have insecurities
I try to ignore the but it's hard
When you feel you're not good enough
I am antisocial
I feel like everyone is judging me
Based off of what they see
But I'm perfect in all my ways
Don't matter what happened today
Just shake it off
And restart
Because tomorrow's a brand new day
I'm positive and smart
I have a good heart at least that's what
I tell myself
To keep away the dark thoughts
I tend to compare myself
With other girls that I see
Around my school
Because they're so cool
I'm always the last option
No matter how hard I try to be
What everyone wants to see
But I'm perfect in all my ways
Don't matter what happened today
Just shake it off
And restart
Because tomorrow's a brand new day
I'm positive and smart
I have a good heart at least that's what
I tell myself
To keep away the dark thoughts
I know I'm not the only one
I know more people have insecurities
So listen to me
You're perfect in all my ways
Don't matter what happened today
Just shake it off
And restart
Because tomorrow's a brand new day
You're positive and smart
You have a good heart
At least that's what I'm telling you
Because it is the absolute truth

As I finished I could feel Tears streaming down my face. I hated this. I hated letting my guard down in front of people. It made me feel weak. It made me feel worthless. How could I let myself cry over music? Nevertheless in front of L. I felt like a fool.

I felt a thumb wipe away my tears. I looked up to see L sitting in front of me. He was looking down at me. You could see the sympathy in his eyes.

"You're embarrassed aren't you?" He asked. Of course he knew. He was L. It was like he could see right through me. All I could do is Nod. "Well, I think you're strong." I looked at him, confused.

"If you're anything, you're not weak. You're very strong. You're one of the smartest people I know. You're not afraid to stand up for yourself of what you believe in. You don't care what people think of you. People may think you're some sociopathic serial killer but you could care less Can't you? You obviously  just wanted to be treated with respect and dignity like every other person right?"

I stared at L in disbelief. He had decoded me perfectly. All from a simple 3 minuet song. "I hate how accurate you are L." I mumbled. I heard him laugh slightly at my comment. "Now let me do you."
L turned to me, raising an eyebrow.

"You're sort of the same aren't you? You're tired of people just seeing you as some sort of object or pawn. You're tired of being just the 'smart' person aren't you? You want to be viewed as a normal person who has feelings too. You just wanna be cared for."

L looked at me in what I could only assume was disbelief. "You aren't wrong (y/n). Just what'd I'd expect from someone as smart as you." I smiled as I sat my guitar down next to me.

"(Y/n)"
"Yes?"

"Why did you kill all of those people?"

I was a bit startled by his sudden question, asking it out of no where. But that was L for you. Blunt as always.

"Well, I was tired."
"Tired of what?"

"Just like you said, I was tired of just being seen as a pawn. Something to be tossed and toyed around with. People only wanted to talk or be friends with me because I had money, or fame. My family was only nice to me in front of others. When we were alone, they would yell and cuss at me. Telling me I wasn't trying hard enough. Than there was my producer. He was a bastard. He only used me for the money and profit I made."

"Well, I'm quite sorry to hear that." I could tell by L's tone of voice he was sympathizing me. "And I can guarantee that I won't do that to you. You deserve much better than that (y/n)."

"What's this?" L asked. I laughed as squeezed him a bit. "It's a hug Mr. Detective." I could feel him ease up a bit. Surely enough, he finally put his arms around me. The two of us stayed like that for a while.

"Thank you L."

"My pleasure (y/n)."