пять, 五 • 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘

i was back in my room, my body ached and an unfamiliar downcast weighed on me. i rolled out of bed and looked at my reflection. i inhaled sharply and widened my eyes in shock, in my reflection i had deep line like scars on my face.

the lines resembled wings that stretched to ends of my cheeks, i must be seeing things. i reached to touch the scars and felt a shock which caused the air to knock out of my lungs abruptly.

images flashed into my head, extremely fast, my breath hitched when i saw what was happening in them.

"go, quickly yekaterina, eat your sister!" my father yelled, i roared loudly and felt the undeniable need to eat the titan in the room, like an itch that needed to be itched.

i heard the other titan in the room scream and once again, i heard my little sister's high pitched cries under the distorted roars of the titan. my chest tightened, as i realized what i was doing. i looked around me and saw that i was covered in hot flesh, i resisted and tried to get out but all i could see is the view of me clawing at my sister's titan.

"stop it, what are you fucking doing!" i yelled inside the fleshy room, but to no avail once again. my titan's body moved on its own. nothing i could do stopped it, my eyes widened in terror as i heard my sister's pained screams when my titan bit into her nape.

"i'm sorry, kyouka! i'm sorry, i don't know why i cant stop." i weeped loudly. for a second, i saw her. inside the other titan, her screams didn't end but i saw her small body inside the half bitten nape.

half of her torso had been ripped, her purple kimono turned red from all the blood spilling. "no– no why is she still screaming, why is she suffering more?" i banged on the flesh body with my hand as hard as i could, although my hands and legs were fully attached to the titan body.

"it's okay." i froze as i heard those words. before i could say anything back, my titan ate the last of her and it went black.

i sharply exhaled, clutching my head as an aching sharp pain travelled through it. i looked around, i was now back in my room. my legs shook and i fell to my knees. i felt all the emotions from the memory rush into my body all at once and i gagged at the sudden overwhelming feeling.

i ran up to my bathroom and immediately vomited, i felt so sick after seeing all of that. my body shook and i stared at the floor, wide eyed in shock.

i have never felt more tired in my life.

all my limbs felt so weak, like i had lost all muscle and strength in all of them. but nothing compared to how heavy my heart felt.

i guess now, i know firsthand how far people of this cursed shit of an island will go to achieve their goals. i scoffed. how fucking selfish of a place have i been living in all these years? maybe i had been right when i questioned the government.

i guess i was stupid to even fight for an island like this, i can't believe i'd fallen for such a cruel lie. these people were never on my side. in-fact, i bet everyone on this island would sacrifice their child like that in an instant if it meant to kill those devils, right?

i'm probably telling the exact life story of some poor kid on this island, huh, but how many?

i heard the door of my room open, though i couldn't see who it was since i was in the bathroom. "yekaterina. you have a meeting with the generals and your father, they're already there."

i sat up from the bathroom floor. i propped myself up on the sink with my hands and looked in my reflection, my face appeared drained. "to freedom." i scoffed at my reflection and washed my mouth and face.

i was told to put on the dress my father gave me on my sixteenth birthday. i'm not sure why, it was a pretty revealing dress. but it did fit well on me.

it was black and knee length. it had an opening right where the chest was with a cutout mesh pattern above it, along with a high slit that ended with a ribbon on the top on the right thigh. the shoulders slightly puffed and the black sleeve ended at the elbow. the seams of the ends were like black feathers and following, tight white gloves which ended jaggedly with black to the point of the wrist.

along with that, the same brown laced up boots we wear for combat and training but midnight black. i brushed my short black hair and stared at my reflection in the mirror. this was definitely to prove my status and nobility, but i wonder for what.

i took off my black scarf slowly and stared at it. i huffed and tied it to my upper right thigh. i didn't care what the general had to say, i put on the black armband my sister gave me and left the house.

i jumped on my horse and hurriedly told my horse to go faster. not that i give a shit about the military anyways, that's something i always stuck with. i didn't even know why i fought and killed countless people.

stares and suggestive looks were shot at me, unsurprisingly. i looked like a royal shit going to a club.

now time to see what this meeting was about.

A/N: finally i decided to publish the first few chapters of this and im not sure how to feel 😳 i heavily based this chapter on billie eilish's song 'theres no time to die' btw, i put a few parallel moments to our favorite soldiers back in paradis i hope you caught on :)
I KNOW all the chapters currently are unedited, it's 03:53 on a school night and i'm not in the mood to revise currently. im sorry if you hate how slow paced this is yall, soon paradis and yelena come for u yelena simps 😫‼️

NEXT CHAPTER: семь, 七 • FINAL MISSION