special:kaeya's b-day

.....:::::::   KAEYA'S P.O.V.   :::::::.....

"Kaeya." Why does she keep on calling me?

"Hm?"

"Kaeya." She keeps tilting over, is she okay?

"Yes?"

"Kaeya." Maybe not.

"[name]."

The [hair color] haired girl lifted her head up at me, her hair covering plenty of her face. Her chin was propped up on the palm of her hand. She was slumping over the counter, annoying Diluc who was standing across the counter from what I could tell. Her hand was loosely holding the wine glass she's been drinking out of these past few hours.

Her face is really pink. Maybe she wasn't used to drinking. Funny, I thought she held her liquor stronger than this.

She kept on staring at me, the corners of her lips twitching upward into a small smile and I too, found myself staring back into her eyes一her delicate [eye color] irises, blooming warmth in a time of early winter. Looking at her for this long by itself is enough time to take my breath away.

In spite of everything, I have to admit that she was still a beauty.

[name], don't you know that if you make a face like that in front of a guy, it's not safe for you?

Like any other normal human, I had to blink. So I shut, for a split second. In this instance, warm tears pricked in her eyes. Her lips wavered and a sudden small sob escaped her lips. "Kaeyaaa!"

Wow. How ever so heartbreaking.

"What's wrong?" I asked her as calmly as I could, even though I had a strong urge to laugh.

[name] sniffed, patting me on the arm, shaking my limb as if she was trying to break it off.

"Happy birthday, Kaeya... Happy birthday..!"

Diluc's eye twitched. "Why are you crying?"

"Because..!" She sniffled, sobbing louder. "It's Kaeya's birthday!"

Diluc took the wine glass out of her hand, sighing. "It's closing time, just take her back."

I chuckled. "Cold as always, aren't you?"

He snarled. "Insolent buffoon."

"Don't you just regret life."

"With all I have."

"Whatever it takes to annoy you."

[name] reached a hand out for as far as she could reach. Her hands tapped Diluc on the back of the hand. "Diluc, more."

His eyes narrowed. "No."

"But, Diluc一 "

"No."

[name] frowned, pinching the sleeve of his coat. He stopped in place, turning his full attention to her. Her voice had turned soft for some reason. "Please?"

I felt my heart pound rapidly in my chest.

Fuck.

Diluc faked a cough trying to clear his throat. His cheeks began to dust a red coating. I stood up from my seat pulling her by the arm. "[name], come on, let's go."

He could burn holes into my soul, if he tried hard enough. His glare hardened and I couldn't help but leave myself with a satisfied feeling seeing it.

I carried her over my back, piggy back style right before I opened the door. "Until another night, brother."

His eye twitched. "Don't ever call me that, and don't ever bother coming back." What a brute. He looks as though he could kill me any time now.

The air was crisp and cool, like I had anticipated it to be. Late November's moon was the brightest height in its glory. Seeing the moonlight reflect over the shades of Mondstadt's buildings reminded me of a certain [hair color] haired woman, who I was carrying.

"Kaeya." Oh, round two?

"What?"

"Happy birthday, Kaeya."

"Thank you."

I kept on walking on until I stopped in at the town's local fountain, that I often went to for breaks when I was free. Two benches sat on both side and I set her down carefully to sit on it.

She pulled me to sit beside her, almost enthusiastically. "Kaeya." A third time?

"Yes, beautiful?"

"Thank you for inviting me to hang out today." She looked as though she had more to say after so I stayed quiet. "Kaeya... I never had an actual friend before..."

She scooted closer to me, her head hitting my shoulder. "I worked day in, day out, but no matter how hard I tried... No matter how hard I worked, no one ever stayed beside me; it was so lonely."

She sounded so hurt.

"[name]一 "

"Kaeya." Her face peered up at me, her [eye color] eyes glistening with visible tears. Her hands raised up grazing against my cheeks. "Thank you for existing."

Her head lowered falling back down onto the crease of my neck. I could feel her breath against me, considering how close she was to me. After awhile, the sound of snoring echoed from her lips.

She slept so soundly. Her snores would switch back and forth between heavy, loud ones to gentle, light ones.

So cute.

Slowly, I reached over grabbing her by the hand. I kissed the back of her fingers, then flipped her hand over, kissing her by the wrist then the palm, pressing her warm hand back onto my cheek.

Even if she couldn't hear me, I didn't stop myself from whispering to her. "I'm glad to be alive."

My chest tightened again from seeing her sleep against me. It felt right, in a way.

"Archons... Lass, you're making this harder and harder for me."

Because, I think I'm falling for you.

Song: "Moonlight Arpeggio" by Tomoya Naka

Kaeya's birthday is: November 30th

Bless Aizax123 for reminding me! Please go follow this beautiful woman. :3

I know, I know一 I'm late on his birthday by a few days, but I had to! These are one of the few special moments where I'll be featuring first person point of views. I know there's nothing much about this special except for pure fluff, but I couldn't help myself to write it~

What's your opinion on the change? Do you personally like my third person writing style more or my first person?

This special is before Ch.16 btw! A special glimpse into the beginning-middle of when Kaeya's already caught feelings for Reader-Chan.

Also, fun fact: Mondstadt is based off of Germany, if you didn't know. The age limit in Germany is (apparently) 16 years or older.

I'll definitely write more specials overtime, hehe.