Ch2- The Frozen Path

Third Person POV    (Y/n)'s mind raced as she continued her solitary trek through the unforgiving snow-capped mountains

Third Person POV
    (Y/n)'s mind raced as she continued her solitary trek through the unforgiving snow-capped mountains.
She could feel the cold tendrils of exhaustion wrapping around her limbs, threatening to pull her into the icy embrace of the wilderness. But her determination burned brighter than ever, fueling her every step.

    Having just defeated a monstrous demon with her razor-sharp sword, (Y/n) paused to catch her breath. Her heart pounded in her chest, matching the tremors of the snow-covered ground beneath her.
Droplets of sweat mingled with the icy sweat on her brow, contrasting against her flushed cheeks. She wiped her brow with the back of her gloved hand, taking in her surroundings with weary eyes.

    The snow-laden peaks stretched as far as the eye could see, their jagged edges cutting into the cloudless azure sky.
The air was thin and frigid, biting at (Y/n)'s exposed skin like a thousand tiny needles. She tightened her grip on her sword, the reassuring weight of it grounding her amidst the ethereal beauty of nature's frozen sanctuary.

    But there was no time for respite. (Y/n) knew that her mission demanded relentless perseverance.
Muzan Kibutsuji and his demons had to be eradicated, their vile influence purged from the land. With a determined breath, (Y/n) pressed on, her senses heightened to detect even the faintest hint of danger.

    As she trudged through the knee-deep snow, her boots leaving deep imprints in her wake, (Y/n) couldn't ignore the nagging sensation that she was being watched.
Every rustle of wind, every distant howl echoed through her being, setting her nerves on edge. She stopped abruptly, her hand instinctively reaching for her sword's hilt.

    "Show yourself!" she called out, her voice echoing through the desolate mountains. "If you dare confront me, I will not hold back!"
    Silence followed her words, the sound swallowed by the vast expanse of the frozen landscape. (Y/n)'s eyes scanned the surroundings, searching for any sign of movement. The stillness was almost suffocating, the suspense sending shivers down her spine.

    And then, from the shadows of a nearby fir tree, emerged a figure. Cloaked in a tattered robe, their face obscured by the shadows, the stranger regarded (Y/n) with a mixture of curiosity and caution.
    "Who are you?" (Y/n) demanded.
"I am but a wanderer, lost in these unforgiving mountains," it replied, its words both captivating and mysterious.

    (Y/n) studied the stranger, her suspicion warring with her curiosity. It was a delicate balance, one she had learned to navigate in her solitary hunts.
But in this vast, desolate wilderness, perhaps even the company of a stranger was unnerving.

The figure seemed lost and weary, its form barely distinguishable amidst the snowfall. Curiosity mingled with caution in (Y/n)'s heart. She approached with caution, her grip tightening around her hilt.
As (Y/n) gradually closed the distance, she noticed intricate patterns on the figure's cloak, glistening silver against the dark fabric.

The symbols held an otherworldly beauty, like the etchings of a forgotten language. She lowered her weapon, sensing no immediate threat.
"The nearest village is about ten miles west. What brings you to these parts of the forsaken mountains?" (Y/n) asked, her words whipped away by the howling wind.

The figure turned to face her, its cloaked hood obscuring any features. "I came here to search for herbs," the figure replied, a melodic voice tinged with a hint of melancholy. "My wife is ill..." The cloaked figure went quiet.
The wind began to whistle once more to fill the silence. The hood of the cloaked figure shifted from the wind to reveal the face of an old man.

(Y/n)'s keen eyes narrowed. "You won't find herbs here. I'm afraid they are buried deep in the snow."
"Oh, I see..." The old man hesitantly looked down, hiding his face deeper into the shade of his cloak once more. (Y/n)'s eyes softened. She got down on her knees, still keeping eye contact with the lost wanderer.

"Let me carry you back to your village. I have a friend who I can contact to help your wife." The old man's jaw dropped in shock. This woman was willing to help him and his wife. Tears started to fall down his cheeks.
"The Buddha answered my prayers, and has sent a Tennyo." The old man rubbed his hands together, smiling with gratitude.

The old man climbed on (Y/n)'s back, wrapping his bony arms around her neck. She glanced up at the sky, immediately spotting her crow circling above her head.
"Hey, buddy, you are just in time. I need you to send a message to the Insect Hashira for me."

The crow replied with a small squeak and flew off above the trees into the starry sky. "I promise to get you home safely to your wife, sir." (Y/n) said, reassuringly.
"Thank you, Miss Tennyo," the old man smiled.

(Y/n) smiled softly, bowing her head to her hide her embarrassed expression. She raised her head at the frozen trail ahead of her. She narrowed her eyes and broke into a sprint towards the village.