o n e : The Pain Of Betrayal

Can you still not see the difference?.”

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

three years later . . .

“They’re still hurting you,” Madara whispered with furrowed brows as he watched Tobi gingerly clean and aid Naruto’s fresh wounds, while making silly

“Naru-chan really should just stay here with us!,” Tobi muttered grumpily, continuing to aid the bright cuts.

“But Jiji’ll be lonely if I leave.” Naruto meekly reasoned, whimpering when Tobi accidentally applied too much alcohol on the wound, “Sorry!,” Tobi immediately apologizes while he blow the cuts gently.

“Oh!” Naruto suddenly lighten up as his usual signature bright grin appeared, “Last week, I officially became a ninja!.” as Naruto continue to tell them how one step closer he was to his dream of becoming a Hokage, and how he’d passed the exam in an awesome way and lastly, he didn’t forgot to exaggerate on how he saved his homeroom advisor, Iruka.

Madara congratulated him with a pat on his shoulders before Tobi snatched him and spun him, around and ‘round, throwing him in the air while screaming his lungs out as if he was the one who earned a ‘hitai-ate’.

Naruto greedily appreciated the attention he’s having when he suddenly remembered that Team Seven had to meet up for a D-ranked mission, “I need to go, I think we’ll receive our very first mission! I hope it’ll be a cool one,” He explained as he went for Madara’s consent to leave, Madara gave him a sharp nod as an acknowledgement.

“Take care of yourself,” Madara reminded as he watched Naruto interlock his fingers with Tobi’s bigger ones, Madara gave his nod as Tobi and Naruto vanished into thin air . . . They left Madara with troubled expression, as Madara plotted how to make every ANBU in the village regret their evil doings.

With a blink of an eye, Naruto and Tobi arrived at the large gates of Konoha, “We’re here Naru-chan!.” Tobi whisper-yelled enthusiastically, as he slightly pushed Naruto towards the gates, “Don’t let those bad, ugly civilians hurt you too much, ‘kay? Even my endless knowingness could only know much on how to aid broken bones and sprained wrists.” He advise as he salute Naruto with two fingers forward and vanished.

Naruto continue to unconsciously stare at the same space where his loud masked friend previously stood, a small smile applied on his lips when suddenly, –

“Naruto-baka!.” Was heard through the forest followed by a cracking of bones indicating someone had been punched, Naruto winced as he nursed his head with gentle caresses . . . his lower body’s wounds was still not fully healed.

“Where were you?!,” Sakura loudly shouted into his ears, “You made me and Sasuke-kun wait for you!” she accused, as her face morphed into an angrier expression, “Stop being a nuisance to the team!” she hissed.

Her whole demeanor changed when she spotted her crush nearing, she immediately pushed her hair away from her face and dusted every non-existent dust on her clothes.

“Hn,” Sasuke grunted as he acknowledged both of his teammates’ pesky presences. His whole attention was curiously on the blond ninja who was – as stealthily as he could – caressing the abused area on his head, She hit Naruto hard yet I’m pretty sure that if she would need to hit an enemy, she would just pathetically prod them with her noodle arms in fear, as Sasuke was lost in his own thoughts, a silver haired Jōnin appeared infront of them with a cloud of smoke.