t h r e e : Spying The Traitor

If you want to survive around here, never let down your guard.” It felt like a lifetime ago when he was the one saying those words.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

It was a perfect day.

The calming, heavy raindrops was heard inside the cave he was in. The cave was dim, and chilly – it was almost uncomfortably cold, and that is saying something with someone like Itachi that usually enjoy cold temperature.

Still, the long-haired Uchiha still consider this a perfect day – a depressing, rainy day for a risky, tripled ‘s’-ranked mission.

As today, was officially the day, he joined the humble organization of Akatsuki.

He was still in his ANBU uniform, drenched in sweat and rain. He didn’t bother changing, feeling a bit sentimental with the hardwork he did just to have this uniform.

The uniform represent many things. It represents that he is more – valuable and important than most nins as not everyone could be given the privilege to be offered to join the ANBUs.

Secondly, it represents that he had more than enough experience when it comes to fighting, as he’s a captain – a leader. The Hokage gave them assignments, mission whilst he lead his teammates how to complete them.

It was like playing chess. The Hokage stands as the timer, the judge, or the audience – whilst Itachi was a player and they were the pawns. He control the next move, he’s the mastermind.

As now, he’ll do the complete opposite of what he is used to. He’s going to blindly follow orders that’s given to him.

The thought was nearly enough to make him retreat. Almost.

Lastly, it represents that he is, strong and strong-willed. That he could stomach nearly everything that is thrown to him. He could stomach the sight of a body that was brutally murdered, he could stomach to and is expert to lie when the situation demands it. He knows hows to manipulate and persuade anyone to give him anything that he wants from them.

Don’t get him wrong. It wasn’t a honorable job. As most ANBUs usually abuse their special privileges in questionable ways. Just like how his fellow ANBUs tortured the Uzumaki boy – those people wasn’t punished with their wrongdoings, they continue to live on and enjoy their life whilst someone’s life was ruined by their actions.

And now . . .

And now, he don’t have a choice but to strip it off and replace it with something else. With a hideous, uncomfortable cloak that’s plastered with horrible, ugly red clouds.

And what’s worse is he is required to wear it proudly.

Uchiha Itachi isn’t one to wear ‘extra’ clothes.

He is still a proud, honorary member of the ANBU Black Corps. He will make sure that when the time comes and he is allowed to take off this thing, he will come home with a positive results. He will tolerate this horrendous uniform for the meantime and put his mission to his first priority; collecting important informations about the organization and spy (and try to bring back) Uzumaki Naruto.

“Uchiha Itachi, was it? Come inside and meet the others.”

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

“Goodmorning!.”

Everyone inside the room had to resist the urge to put cottons in their ears to make sure their ears won’t get damage or irritated as their blond, loudmouth member had arrived – with a gift.