Chapter 112: God Gave Me You.

['Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
For when I think I've lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it's true
God gave me you, gave me you]

ONE WEEK LATER

      I continuously checked my phone at the time, watching as it's been hours since Niall said he'd be home. I made us a nice dinner, preparing for when he'd get here, but it's been three hours. No message, no call, nothing. I gave up and ate my plate alone, just leaving his in the microwave when and if he got here. I turned off the light in the living room and was about to make my way upstairs when I heard the door open. I went back and saw Niall yawn, taking off his coat and shoes at the entrance. 

      "Hey, pet." He greeted. I sighed, crossing my arms. "What's wrong?" 

      "You're late." 

      He sighed, "I know, I'm sorry. But we ended up needing to rewrite verses and the bridge and then the lads needed to re-do their parts for one of the songs because it accidentally got deleted... It was just a giant mess." He explained. I didn't know whether he was telling the truth or not since I couldn't really read his facial expressions in the dim light. 

      "You could've texted. Called." 

      "I tried, but my phone died in the middle of typing." He shook his head in shame, making me believe what he was saying.

      I gave in and sighed, "Your plate is in the microwave." I said simply. 

      "You're not going to eat?" He asked as I began to turn on my heel. 

      "I already did." I said quietly. I jogged up the stairs with the baby monitor in hand. As I was about to enter our bedroom, Via's cries were heard from her room and the monitor. I walked back to her nursery and placed the monitor on the glass table. I leaned over the crib, patting her belly, assuring her that I was there. I was quick to realize that she needed to be fed. I jogged out of her room and down the stairs and back to the kitchen. Niall was waiting for the plate to be done, leaning on the island. I walked to the refrigerator, grabbing a bottle of milk from the six that were already made and waited with him to put the bottle in the microwave to heat it up a little. 

      "I'm sorry for being late." He apologized quietly.

      Of course I was going to forgive him, though. I didn't want our relationship to go to shit just because of one little mistake. "It's fine, Niall." I sighed as the silence came over us again. A few seconds later, the microwave beeped, signaling that his food was done. He quickly got his plate and I unscrewed the cap of the bottle. 

      "It looks good." He said. 

      I nodded, "It was." I sighed, placing the bottle in the microwave, only heating it up for ten seconds. Via's cries were still loud as I tapped my foot impatiently, waiting for the bottle to be done. When it was, I screwed the cap back on and jogged back to Via. I placed the bottle on the glass table before going to Via, picking her up and cradling her. I bounced her a bit as she stopped screaming for attention. She was still pouting while her eyes were still watering. "Shh, shh. It's okay. I'm here." I assured, sitting on the chair, moving the pillow under my arm. I grabbed the bottle and put it in her mouth. I leaned back in the seat as she drank, staring up at me with her blue eyes that gave a spitting image of Niall's. I sighed, and rocked the chair slowly, humming an older song that's been stuck in my head. 

      "'Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs... God gave me you for the days of doubt... For when I think I've lost my way, there are no words here left to say, it's true... God gave me you, gave me you..." I sang quietly, stroking Via's hair. Her drinking slowed down and her eyes began to close again.

      Not being able to burp her, as she's already fallen asleep, I laid her gently on the mattress of her crib and tiptoed out of her room. I closed her door slowly, flinching when it squeaked, but sighed when it closed. I walked over to our bedroom and went to the ensuite, finding my pajamas that I set out before. I changed my pants to the fuzzy sweatpants and brushed my teeth. Niall came into the bedroom with a long sigh. He went to the closet, grabbing his sweatpants and putting it on the bed. I looked back to the mirror, spitting out the toothpaste. "Are you still upset with me?" Niall asked hesitantly as I brushed through my hair. 

      I shook my head, "I'm not, Niall." I replied quietly, putting the brush down and doing a side braid so it wouldn't be a mess in the morning. 

      "I said I was sorry.." 

      "And I said it was fine." I said back, turning off the light in the bathroom and walked to my side of the bed. "Niall, it's okay. I understand you were busy. I get busy too." I assured, removing a couple pillows and tossing them on the floor. 

      "You're really not mad?" Niall asked, doing the same thing I was. 

      "I'm not mad." I assured again. Niall and I got under the covers after he brushed his teeth and did his night routine.

      "I don't know what I did to deserve you." He sighed, wrapping his arms around my waist so that we were spooning. "I haven't told you lately, but I love you." He said quietly, kissing my cheek. I sighed with a smile and turned over to face him. 

      "I love you too." He gave a small grin, looking down at me. He kissed me softly before he pulled me closer to his chest. He placed a kiss on the top of my head and rubbed my shoulders as I began to fall asleep.

      I don't know how long it was until we both woke up to Via's crying coming from the baby monitor on the bedside table. "I'll get her." He said with a yawn as he untangled himself from me and left to comfort the baby. 

      "No, no. I'll do it. She probably needs to be fed." I argued, removing the covers from my body. I stood up, rubbing my eyes as I walked over to her room. I walked over to her and picked her up with a yawn. "You need a diaper change, huh?" I asked quietly as I brought her over to the changing thing. I laid her down, careful with her head, and changed her diaper quickly. 

      When I had finished, I tossed away the dirty diaper and zipped up her onesie. Her crying stopped as I began bouncing her in a rhythm. I stopped bouncing her and rocked her slowly, moving away a stray strand of her brunette hair. I know that mother's memories would be full of the general memories like their first time crawling and their first words, but mine would be these. The ones where I have to wake up in the middle of the night to feed her or change her diaper.

      "You're a super mum, you know that?" Niall asked from the doorway. His hair pointing in various directions and his arms crossed over his bare chest. 

      I chuckled, "I would like to think that." I said, looking back to Via who was slowly falling back to sleep. His arms were, once again, wrapped around my waist and his chin was on my shoulder. I held the pacifier that was in Via's mouth as her eyes started to close again. "I don't understand how babies can sleep so much.." I said. 

      Niall shrugged, "But they're so lucky, don't you think?" 

      I looked at him, "Why?" 

      "Because they get boob access anytime they want! How awesome is that." I rolled my eyes with a light laugh. 

      "You sound like a cocky frat boy." I teased. Niall laughed, but stopped when Via started to squirm in her sleep. I looked at him and contained my laughter.

------

[God Gave Me You - Blake Shelton]

------

A/N:

hi, i love this chapter

k, bye

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx