CHAPTER 1

★★★

Chapter 1The Binding Contract

Chapter 1
The Binding Contract

★★★

A faint light hit the young girl's closed eyelids before her body was greeted by the familiar cold she grew to hate. A long sigh passed over her lips as she slowly opened her eyes to see the familiar stone ceiling above her. Katherine stayed there for a moment before she finally pushed herself off her cot and to her feet. The redhead's knees cracked after she stood to her full height before she stretched out her back and neck.

Once she was fully awake, Katherine made her way over to her small barred window. She stepped onto the small stool and looked out at the landscape that surrounded the castle she was forced to call home. Her eyes landed on the clouds as they inched their way across the sky before they found a family of wolves running through the trees without a care in the world. The different sights the young girl saw always made her wish she could escape these walls and join them. But she knew that was never going to happen.

Just as a small smile began to form on her face at the sight of birds flying through the air, a small swooshing sound broke the silence. The next thing she knew, a cloud of maroon smoke began to circle around her body and blocked her vision of the outside world. It didn't take long for the fog to clear and she found herself in the dining room of the castle.

A shaky breath passed over her lips before turned around to meet the sparkling face of the Dark One. The power-hungry man just stared at her for a moment then waved his hand through the air and made a broom appear in her hands. Rumplestiltskin didn't say a word as the red smoke surrounded the girl once again and sent her to one of his many dark rooms.

After letting out another sigh, Katherine began dusting the shelves and knick-knacks around the room then she pulled the curtains open to let in some light. Her feet moved around the room like they had a mind of their own as she continued to clean the many magical objects that she'd never understand.

Hours passed before the redheaded girl finally finished cleaning the many large rooms that fill the castle walls. However, she never had a chance to take a break because as soon as she sat down, the familiar maroon smoke surrounded her once again. It didn't take long for it to vanish into thin air before she found her back in her cell. Anger flowed through her veins at the sight of the stone walls until her emotions were replaced by sorrow when my eyes fell on the window that let her look at the outside world. While Katherine stared at the small square, she found herself questioning what she did to deserve that kind of life.

★★★

The next day, Katherine found herself stuck in the same routine that she followed for the last twelve years of her life. The only difference from every other day was that Belle was with her. Usually, the Dark One had the two of them separated because he thought they got our work done faster when they were on their own. But she knew the real reason was he didn't want them making an escape plan together, even though the brunette woman would never want to leave this place for reasons Katherine would never understand.