Chapter Fifty-Four

I go over to Courtney's when I'm about fifteen weeks along. Niall had to leave for One Direction. They have a concert at Wembley Stadium. I've never cried so much in my life, I don't think. Liam almost had sent him back to me, but Paul wouldn't have any of it. Hopefully Courtney is home from school. If not, I'm sure Seth, Kali or Glenn is home. I open the door and Gypsy Cat comes to greet me.

"Hey pretty girl." I say, picking her up carefully. She rubs her head under my chin. I walk into Courtney's room. She isn't here. So I knock on Seth's door. He opens it.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" He asks, pulling me into a hug.

"I was bored, so I decided to get out of the house." I tell him. He nods and we go out to the kitchen.

"Courtney and Kali will be back soon. They had to run to Indy really quick." Seth tells me. I nod.

"Are you thirsty? Hungry?" He asks.

"A little water would be fine Seth."

"Okay." He grabs a cup, and gets some ice and water in it. He hands it to me.

"Thanks."

"You can go and make yourself comfortable. I have to make a phone call. I will be right back." Seth says and I will nod, moving out towards the living room. El is with Paula. She takes my daughter to daycare.

"Thanks for being patient. What do you wanna watch?" Seth says after a minute.

"Well, can we watch A Haunted House?" I ask him and he nods.

***

I don't see that halfway during the movie that Kali and Courtney come back with One Direction. Once I finally notice, I spring up to hug and kiss Niall.

"Babe! You're here!" I shout. The other four boys chuckle.

"I know love." Niall whispers and kisses my neck and lips.

"Well I want to get a picture with you guys and Courtney and Kali and Seth. Is that okay?" I ask, smiling at Niall. He nods. They stand in a semi-coordinated group and smile at my camera. I am recording and my flash is off.

"Say cheese!" I say. The group behind my phone giggles lightly and repeats what I said.

"Cheese!" Liam says, getting into it.

"That didn't work... Um, try saying this. 'Kayleigh is pregnant!'" I say, and they do, before actually realizing what they said.

"What?" Kali asks. I nod.

"When? How long?" Courtney says as fat tears roll down her cheeks.

"Why are you crying? I'm about fifteen weeks pregnant." I say, stopping the recording as they all, one by one, begin give me and Niall watery hugs and congrats.

"I haven't told Glenn, mom or Sean yet, so don't say anything. I want to get them good! Even Luke, Calum, Ashton and Mikey don't know, so don't spoil the surprise!" I tell them and they nod.

"What surprise?" I hear Paula ask, coming in with El attached to her hip.

"Niall has a surprise for you and Travis." I say, and Niall responds with,

"During the summer you and Travis have a week vacation in Paris."

"Aw, really?" She asks. He nods.

"Thanks Niall." She says, and El shrieks for Seth. He grabs her and she giggles.

"Mom? When is dad getting home?" I ask, pulling a card out from my back pocket.

"He should be here within the hour, why?" She asks.

"I want you two to open this together."

"What is it?"

"Um, you'll have to open it to find out. I'm not letting you open it until he gets here." I giggle, and Paula pouts. All of the sudden, Travis booms through the door and Paula comes over to me.

"Honey, get over here." She orders and Travis strolls on over. She opens the card and opens it slowly, the actual picture of our most recent ultrasound flutters to the ground. She reads,

"I thank you for everything." And then she leans down to get the piece of paper, totally oblivious that what it was. She looks at it and gasps.

"Oh my god!" She says, and looks at me.

"Is this-"

"Yes." I answer, and she begins to cry, pointing out the ultrasound to Travis. I get pulled by the hip towards Niall.

"You did good." He murmurs to me, pressing his lips against my forehead.

"Thanks."

"Glenn is coming and he has Sean with him." Kali says in a panic.

"Dad? Mom? Go into your room. We want to get those two good." Niall says, and Paula and Travis nods, pulling up his wife and they go back into their room, taking the ultrasound picture with them.

"What should we do, Lou?" I ask, looking at him. He grins evilly, and I hear Harry gasp. This will be a good one.

That is Courtney and Kayleigh in the pictures.