I'm Sorry

I say goodbye to my temporary lecturers and leave the university with my friend. feeling of the gratitude fills my heart, not only more knowledge this course gave me chance to meet Zhan again too. 

"so it's the last day" he sadly tells and eyes me "what about you romeo?" 

"don't tease me" i pout and hit his shoulder "sadly my Juliet is still unaware about my feelings"

"you have to decide Yibo, we're leaving tomorrow"

"if he likes me too..."

"your home is not very far from here, takes about three hours by car. you can somehow manage to meet each-other, sometimes long-distance love is really exciting"

"right" i nod "but..."

"i'll be honest Yibo, if you confess Zhan surely won't hate you but... about your friendship supposedly it won't remain the same.  the awkwardness, it gonna bother you both. do what your heart tells"

acting like best friend, lying to him and myself too. silently receiving his pure friendly love, when my body burns from the strong desire. feeling like this am i able to keep being just his close friend? i don't think so...

*****

reaching to Zhan's dorm, i slowly walk up on the stairs scared of our possible talk. hearing loud music sound my fist tightens from anger and rush in but the view isn't like that, what i was expecting. Zhan is sitting at his table quietly and i realize voices was coming from the other room. cursing myself for doubting him i move closer and peek, being curious what he is doing. totally concentrated he looks down at the math problems and nervously chews on the pen. having hard time, his lips pouts and taps feet on the floor. 

noticing he has earphones on, to not be disturbed i lean down and whisper at his ear "i love you gege"  Zhan feels my breath and turns his face back, as my lips touches his cheek. i blush and move back, he just widely smiles and signs to sit down

 i blush and move back, he just widely smiles and signs to sit down

"you're back, how was your last day at the uni?"

"very nice, i didn't want to leave"

"what about me?" he cutely pokes his cheeks and first time i realize that Zhan has almost invisible dimples. like bunny teeth wasn't enough to make him adorable, now this too? "will you miss me?"

"neighbors" i'm quickly changing the talking subject  "didn't they call you?"

"you mean the ones having party? mn, they did but i imagined your angry face and you know? it scared me"

"don't play victim" i laugh and gently hit the tip of his nose, the feeling of saving someone's life,  especially very beloved one, i can't express how enjoyable it is "do you need my help?"