Two halves make a whole (Klix)

It was a normal day back in Paris. By that I mean as normal as it could get with akumas around every corner and superheroes fighting them off to defeat a supervillain. So it was obvious, with all the excitement constantly surrounding them, waking up would be a HUGE struggle.

Alix POV

 I woke up to an annoying screech at my side. "Five more minutes mom" was the obvious reply I had to it. When the high- pitched sound refused to stop I grudgingly tore the blankets of my and groggily got out of bed to turn my alarm off.  Damn thing, it got on my nerves. Like normal, I walked into my shower and got ready quickly, clad in my half sleeve black and green shirt and my black cycling shorts, my hair in the very messy side pony. Grabbing my helmet and roller blades ( AN: or roller skates for ya peeps that call them that) I speed down the stairs and into the kitchen, following the beautiful scent of heaven that was to be my breakfast.

Mr Kubdel: Hey Alix honey. Are you hungry?

Alix: Uh, first thing, yes, it is 8 in the morning in case you noticed. Second thing, who wouldn't be after catching a sniff of your pancakes dad? I swear nothing can match them

Mr. Kubdel: I mean, you're not wrong there. I do make a pretty mean stack of pancakes. But here you go, dear, eat up. You have to leave for school after.

I was already stuffing my mouth with them once he had spoken. My cheeks like Pikachu's, I look up.

Alix: waf fu vo feen? *swallows the food* What do you mean? Won't you be dropping me to school today?

Dad looked down at his feet with a guilty grimace.

Mr. Kubdel: I'm sorry Alix... I just had a call saying that one of your *his voice starts to crack* mother's relatives was coming today... to discuss about making some sort of memorial to her... You know... I miss her just as much as you do...

I bit my lip to stop the tears threatening to spill, blinking them away in the hopes that they would stay away from my face. I was brave, very brave, and would NOT start crying about this. My dad had suffered just as much as I did, even more perhaps, and his great soul was about to spend a bit of our millions on something to celebrate her. I loved him so much for loving me and taking care of me as the best father and also finding time to manage all of my mother's life. I just smiled softly.

Alix: Dad, it's ok. I'll skate to school. Bye, love you.

Kim POV

I had a not so pleasant wake up this morning. By that I mean the following happened.

Mr. Le Chien: WAKE UP KIM! SERIOUSLY WAKE UP! YOU STAY UP ALL NIGHT "WORKING OUT" OR WHATEVER AND JUST SLEEP IN DURING THE MORNING! KIM LE CHIEN, I SWEAR I WILL-

I shot up and jumped out of the bed, to find my face drenched in water. Cold water. I looked up and checked the time. It was 8:00.

Kim: OH SHIT-

Mr Le Chien: NO SWEARING IN MY HOUSEHOLD! KIM I'VE BEEN TRYING TO WAKE YOUUP FOR THE PAST 10 MINUTES. YOU HEAR THAT? 10 MINUTES. I LOVE YOU AS MY SON AND ALL, BUT I SHOULD REALLY SET UP A CURFEW.

Kim: Uh, um, sorry dad. How about I just ummm... Take a shower? Yeah, uh lemme do that...

After shooing my father out of the room I took a quick shower during which I thought about the dream I had experienced the night before. It had featured me and... Alix... Together? My face heated up at that thought.  Our friends were cheering us on and everything, and I was happy. The dream went on till a wedding, and just as the "you may now kiss the bride " part came dad woke me up. I stopped thinking about it as I dried myself off and dressed up in my hoodie and black trousers ( AN: WHY DO THESE PEOPLE WEAR THE SAME CLOTHES EVERY DAY?! SERIOUSLY?!) and scanned the room for my hairspray. Upon finding it I carefully (hairsprayed?)it into the little updo kind of a thing (AN:  sorry idk what it's called) and sped down the stairs. Looking at the watch I had strapped on my wrist, I silently cursed under my breath and grabbed a sandwich off the plate, muttering a thanks.