Chapter 4: Teachers

The Library of Suna was located in a tall spiraling building that branched off from the Kazekage tower. While not as big as some, the amount of books held within was nothing to scoff at. One couldn't simply go to the next town over for a missing book, thus most hidden villages had a well-stocked library, full of books anyone could enjoy.

This was where Kira stood now, high up on the fourth floor. Easily balancing on a ladder, she dragged her figure across book after book, searching. The floor was all but silent, save her teammates that milled about. This was normal, Kira knew, because while the first two floors were open to all, restrictions took place further up. Once on the third floor, one had to be a graduate from the academy, as ninja books and guides were held there, containing basic jutsu and knowledge.

On the fourth floor, one had to pass through a checkpoint, showing ID that confirmed that one was jonin or higher in rank. This floor held more privileged information, some of which could easily get an inexperienced shinobi hurt, or even killed. There were books on the forbidden Jutsu as well, along with Bingo Book information and instructions on creating new styles.

Being an ANBU obviously gave her the necessary access for the floor, though Kira felt a bit guilty since she had never had to pass any test other than her academy graduation to get to her rank. That of course, had not been her decision.

Shaking her head, she went back to her task at hand, reading over the book titles in front of her. The Art of Earth; Earth Style: Advanced Understanding; Molding The Ground. She sighed again, scratching her head. While Kira might have been high in rank, her Jutsu were rather limited in range. Besides her...specialized abilities, she was an Earth style user. Sadly, the Land of Wind didn't have many who were Earth Chakra types, so the techniques she knew, were picked up here and there without anyone to really teach her.

Shura, her senior squad member, watched over her and Aya much like they were his students, and while they didn't mind, sometimes it was a bit annoying. It was that fact that had led to her and Aya's nickname of Sensei, even though they both knew he had never taught any graduates. Kira had to admit, it was fun to see him get all worked up. It really was like her mom said. Dads were defenseless when it came to daughters, and even though they weren't his, their team was kind of like a weird, unconventional family.

Her lack of Jutsu had been brought up, and now Kira needed to find another to work on mastering. She knew he was right – while Shura was rough around the edges and a stick in the mud, he was wise. Kira just hated studying.

"Find anything yet?" Aya called from below, Kira shook her head, her eyes still skimming the titles. While she was the only one here for new material, her two teammates came along, Aya mostly from boredom, and Shura to make sure she did what she was told.

"I've already read most of these," she answered sighing. Much like earth users, the earth chakra books were few as well.

"Well, better pick something out, so you at least look studious."

Knowing she was right, Kira moved and pulled out a book named "Earth style Jutsu" and tossed it down to Aya, who caught it easily. She moved to join her friend on the ground, before something in the newly opened space caught her eye. It was dark of course, but with sharply trained eyes Kira caught the outline of something pushed far back behind the row of books. She frowned, mentally shaming her fellow ninja. Was it so hard to put a book back properly?