Chapter 5: Christmas Announcement

It was Christmas time at the Lightfoot house. Elsa and Barley still haven't told Colt and Laurel about Elsa's pregnancy and were planning it as a surprise. Barley, Elsa, and Ian were putting presents under the tree when they heard a knock at the door. Elsa and Barley had invited a couple guests to come over and have a little party. Barley opened the door and at the door was Anna, Mikey, Leo, and Violet. "The whole gang's here! Come on in guys!" Barley said. Elsa hugged her sister and Barley, Ian, and the turtles all shook hands and high five each other. Then everyone put presents under the tree. Everyone talked and chatted as Colt and Laurel cooked dinner. After dinner and the chatting, it was time to open presents. Everybody opened presents and after that Barley stood up and cleared his throat. "My fair citizens, it is with great honor that my fair maiden and I have something to share. Could everyone open their last gift?" Barley asked everybody. Everyone opened their last gifts. Laurel and Colt got a onesie that said Grandma's Little Snowflake. Laurel was shocked. "Elsa, am I getting a granddaughter?" Laurel asked as Elsa nodded. Everyone else got ultrasound pictures and pieces of baby clothing. Anna squealed and hugged her sister. "I'm SO happy for you!!!" Anna said. "Congrats Elsa. You and Barley will make great parents," Leo said. "Wow, I can't believe I'm gonna be an uncle," said Ian as Mikey butted in. "That makes two of us! High three!" Mikey said as he high fived Ian. "Time for dessert!" Colt said as everyone gathered around the table, except Elsa and Barley. They were sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace. Barley looked sad as Elsa noticed. "Barley, what is it?" Elsa asked. "I just...I just wanna be a good father for the baby. I'm just nervous something bad might happen to her and I will be a screwup to her and our family," Barley sighed. Elsa thought then smiled. "Hey remember when you saved me from those villains? I know you are more than that. You are my knight in shining armor, after all. Don't worry, you will be a great father," Elsa said. Barley realized, looked back, and smiled at Elsa. Blazey curled into Barley's lap as Bruni held something over Barley and Elsa's head. They both looked up. "What's Bruni doing?" Barley asked as Elsa came in closer to Barley. "We are under mistletoe," Elsa said. Barley gave a sly look at her and they leaned in and kissed passionately. "Merry Christmas Barley the brave," Elsa said. "Merry Christmas my beautiful angel," Barley said back.