Introduction/Author's Note

I feel the need to open with a few things, considering all that's been happening in the world recently. 

As a member of the LGBTQIA+ community I am not only heart broken, but downright appalled by the openly transphobic actions of J.K Rowling. Her works have been a haven for people like me for so long, and to hear her say those things makes me so unimaginably angry. 

That's part of the reason why I wanted to write this story so much. I wanted to reclaim these stories a bit, because she doesn't deserve it. 

This all being said, I want to make it clear that I in NO WAY condone anything that J.K Rowling has done. Her actions are unforgivable. I also want to make it clear that I am fully aware that her horrible biases exist within the Harry Potter universe as well, and I do not condone those either. She is a despicable person, and that's just that. I won't thank her for this material, I won't call her a genius or anything. 

I wanted to make that clear before you read this story. 

To my trans readers: you are valid, you are loved, don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. there are people here for you, even if the entire world appears to be against you. i love you.