[20] 𝓟.𝓸.𝓐

The next quidditch match of the season, didn't exactly end well. Jade didn't want to go at first, because the forecast showed that there was to be a rather nasty thunderstorm that day. But Ciara had managed to drag her there regardless, she was excited to see if the Hufflepuff team could match up to Gryffindor's apparent dominance that year.

However, as they sat there, rain pouring down on them, a legion of Dementors had suddenly pulled up, sending the spectators and teams into a frenzy.

In the aftermath, Dumbledore was furious, not only because the Azkaban creatures had broken their promise of not entering the grounds, but also because several people wound up inured, this including one Hufflepuff player and Harry Potter, whose broom also was smashed to pieces, having been blow towards the Whomping Willow.

"Well that was rather exciting, wasn't it?" Jade asked grumpily, wringing out her now soaking wet scarf.

Ciara, who had been glancing up towards the window at the top of their room, turned back towards her roommate with a wince.

"Sorry" she apologized.

"It's fine." Jade said quickly "I still can't believe those things entered the grounds. What could've possessed them to do that?"

Ciara took a shaky breath,

"I don't know...but it can't be anything good..."

~*~*~*~*~

As the months began to grow colder, Ciara's anxieties began to fade with the falling temperatures. When she caught sight of the first snowflakes falling from the sky as she passed by one of the windows in the hallway, she had practically squealed with delight. And better yet, those pesky headaches had all but disappeared, and she was able to focus on school better.

This time, she didn't need anyone to drag her to Hogsmeade, she was practically bouncing to go when the time came.

As she pulled her green and grey scarf tightly around her neck, she turned to greet her roommate with a smile, only for it to fade instantly.

"Oh Jade-" she said sadly "You look terrible"

Her roommate had a blanket wrapped tightly around her body, a light dusting of red across her cheeks, signifying a fever.

"Thanks" Jade mumbled, before flopping down into her bed. "Bring me back something from Honeydukes will you?"

Ciara nodded,

"Course" she said, heading for the door "Get some sleep"

"That is entirely the plan" Jade mumbled, waving her goodbye.

Ciara took off out of the castle, and managed to catch up with Hermione and Ron just as they were taking their first steps into the village. They greeted her with smiles as she explained that she was without companions that day. Before she knew it, the three of them were taking on Hogsmeade together, swapping stories and advice from their separate experiences last time.

"Are you sure you're going to be ok in just that Ciara?" Hermione asked "You aren't even wearing a hat"

Ciara laughed,

"I'm fine. I quite enjoy the cold actually" she said "Say, did either of you visit the Shrieking Shack last time we were here?" she asked suddenly.

"Why the blazes would we have?" Ron asked, bewildered.

Ciara shrugged nonchalantly,

"Dunno. Heard it was interesting is all"

"I guess it couldn't hurt to visit now" Hermione suggested, her voice wavering a bit, but the Gryffindor didn't miss the way Ciara's eyes lit up.