[75] 𝓓. 𝓗

Ciara burst through the castle doors, eyes widening as she found it devolved into absolute madness. Stone columns were knocked over everywhere. Students were scrambling every which way, screaming in terror or firing curses at the pursuing dangers.

Outside, the battle was just as deadly. A continuous fire-storm rained down on those in the courtyard, who still had Giants and other monsters to deal with.

Suddenly, she heard Professor McGonagall's voice echo through the air.

"Fall inside! Everybody! Fall inside!"

Ciara tried to see what was causing all of the commotion when suddenly the window above her shattered, the force of it sending her falling backwards a few feet.

A bit dazed, she quickly scrambled back to her feet. As she blinked spots out of her eyes, she watched as plumes of dark smoke streamed in from the open doors and broken windows. As they hit the floor, they materialized into the unmistakable forms of Death Eaters. They shot curses out of their wands as soon as they landed. Forcing students and staff alike to engage them in violent duels.

Ciara threw herself into the fray, running down a hallway. Firing curses at any Death Eater that she saw.

Following the sound of screams, she turned another corner, when suddenly a curse hit the wall just above her head. A terrified yelp escaped her throat as she jumped out of the way. Her head shot up, finding herself staring down a Death Eater. His wand arm was raised, with a tight smirk on her face.

As another blast shook the grounds, Ciara fired a curse forward, just barely missing the Death Eaters shoulder. With a growl he fired back and before she knew it she was forced to block several blasts at a time. The fight still raging on around her.

This wasn't like the fight at the Ministry. She barely had time to think, and at that same time knew that any lapse in her judgment would quickly end in her death.

She was losing ground, fast. And she knew it too. One curse flew so close her head that she was forced to drop to the ground in order to avoid it.

Looking up, she watched the Death Eater descend on her, she had to roll over her on her side in order to avoid another blast.

Suddenly a foot caught her ribcage. She cried out, as pain erupted from them. The Death Eater then placed his boot on her chest, restricting all her movements. She looked up to see him looming over her. As he raised his wand to fire again, a sudden flash of light came from behind him. The man's face fell open in shock as he stilled for a second before bursting into pieces, and dissipating right in front of her eyes.

Stunned, it took her a moment to scramble to her feet. When she did however, her breath caught in her throat as she looked upon the face of her savior.

Draco lowered his wand staring back at her from where he stood a few meters down the hallway.

"Draco?" she whispered in disbelief.

She was sure that she would have stood there forever, had it not been for the sudden shaking of the castle walls. Before she knew it, Draco was sprinting forward. He grabbed her by the shoulders and ducked both of them behind a pillar as another shot of magic exploded on the wall above them.

Her back hit stone, and Draco covered both of their heads as rubble briefly fell from the ceiling.

When it ceased, they both picked their heads back up.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, shaking her head in disbelief.

Draco looked back at her for a moment before dipping his head low,