(Requested)2020 Thanksgiving Story: Dinner

(Thanksgiving has already long since passed where I'm from, but this was requested by @espeonlover12 so...here you go-

I also might've rushed it towards the end-)

3rd Person POV
"Ah, gee, Rachel...I dunno..."
"C'mon Ira, it's just dinner!"
Ira and Rachel were currently eating lunch under a tree and Rachel had let it slip that her parents found out about Ira and want to meet him at Thanksgiving dinner.
Ira:"yeah...dinner with your parents..."
Rachel:"personally, I don't see the big deal. Yeah, it might be a little awkward at the start, but I'm sure they'll love you!"
Ira:"still...my people skills aren't exactly...well, skills."
Rachel:"you talk to people all the time, though."
Ira:"that's Bel and Marmo...they're not humans. Mercenare's are just rude to each other, humans areee...weird. And complicated. And weird..."
Rachel hummed and wrapped her arms over Ira's shoulders with her chin wresting on her arm.
Ira:"...it doesn't help that I used to fight you..."
Ira mumbled, his bat wings drooping.
Rachel:"...that's true...but if you were going to try and hurt me, you would've made an attempt months ago."
Ira:"not that I'd succeed."
Rachel only giggled in response. After a few beats of silence, Ira sighed.
Ira:"....I wouldn't, you know..."
Rachel:"what?"
Ira:"try to hurt you..."
Rachel:"aw, I know."
Rachel gave Ira a small peck on the cheek. Between the news reporters and the Glitter Force, it was nice to just be in each other's company.
Ira:"am I gonna be expected to have manners??"
Rachel:"well, it'd be kinda gross if you ate off the plate without a fork."
Ira:"well, I'm obviously not gonna do that- I just- your parents are wealthy! A famous photographer and a doctor! They could have certain expectations and I don't wanna be banished from your life because I didn't use the right fork!"
Rachel:"pfft- hahaha!! you're just being dramatic. My parents aren't like that. You'll see."
Ira:"mmmmmm..."
Rachel:"please? It's only for one night."
Ira:"...*sigh* I'm gonna regret this...fine."
Rachel:"thank you!"
Rachel squealed, hugging Ira tighter. Then she let go and sat in front of him.
Rachel:"don't worry. Even if they don't like you, it won't matter. Because I, for one, like you a lot."
Ira:"and here I thought you only started dating me for my good looks."
They smiled at each other. Still, there was a bit of worry in both of their hearts.

~Thanksgiving afternoon
(Hishikawa household)~

Ira arrived on time, thankfully. He was wearing a dark purple polo t-shirt, his usual choker nowhere to be seen, and his usual blackish-grey cargo shorts. Surprisingly, his signature purple jacket wasn't with him. He was still wearing his usual boots but you could see that he made an effort in presenting himself.

(A/N Not exactly like this ⬆️ but close enough

(A/N Not exactly like this ⬆️ but close enough.)
When he knocked on the door, he was greeted by a tall man with purple hair, dark purple eyes, and tanned skin towering over him.
Ira:"damn, you're tall..."
Ira said before he could catch himself. Once he realized what he'd said, he stammered.
Ira:"I-I mean- uh- sorry- I just, wasn't expecting you to be so- not that it's a bad thing, you're very attractive- no, that's weird- ehehehe wow, 3 seconds in and I'm already mucking it up, great, just forget that I said anything..."
'Nice goin' squirt, you've really done it this time...'
Marmo scoffed in his head. She'd insisted on 'helping' him with his appearance earlier, but she's still his main tormentor in his mind. The tall man simply eyed Ira for a moment before saying:
Tall man:"so...you're Ira?"
Ira:"...yes..?"
Tall man:"I'm Yuuzou. Rachel's dad."
Ira:"o-oh...uh, cool. I- don't really have much experience with, um, fathers- but I've heard a lot about you from Diamond- Rachel- so..."
Yuuzou:"...one moment."
Yuuzou closed the door and Ira started to worry that he screwed up.

~meanwhile, on the other side of the door~

Yuuzou:"Ryo...."
Ryoko:"yeah?"
Yuuzou:"...can we keep him?"
Ryoko:"what??"
Yuuzou:"he needs a homeeeee!"
Ryoko:"oh, Yuuzou..."
Ryoko gently pushed past her husband and opened the door again to see a short, well-dressed boy with bat wings! He looked nervous, which was understandable considering this was his first time meeting Rachel's parents. Ryoko gave him a warm smile and opened the door wider so he could come in.
Ryoko:"sorry about Yuuzou, his fathering instincts are just...strong."
Ira:"huh?"
Ryoko:"just...don't agree to any papers he may give you."
Ira:"um...ok?-
Rachel:"I'm ready!"
They all heard Rachel's voice from higher up. All eyes landed on the top of the stairs where Rachel stood with her long, dark blue hair up in a ponytail with a strand of braids in it. She was wearing a casual dress with a black top piece. The skirt being a plaid pattern with dark blue and black colouring. She was wearing black socks and black slippers to finish it off.

Ira:"

Ira:"...wow..."
Yuuzou:"...camera!! I need my camera!! Ira, go stand beside Rachel!"
Ryoko:"oh, boy..."
Ryoko handed Yuuzou his camera as Ira floated up to the step Rachel was on and stood beside her.
Ira:"you look amazing."
Rachel:"and you cleaned yourself up!"
Ira:"I- rude!"
Rachel:"yep!"
Yuuzou:"say cheese, lovebirds!"
They looked at the camera and smiled as Mr. Hishikawa took the photo. Once Ryoko had finished making dinner, everyone sat down and got their plates ready.
Ira:"...you know, I'm kinda surprised."
The three others looked at Ira as a signal for him to continue.
Ira:"w-well, I just- when I flew up those stairs I was afraid at least one of you would freak out."
Ryoko:"we've both known about Mercenare's for awhile, now. Ever since that one news broadcast, Rachel's been telling us a lot."
Ira:"o-oh...so, you must know about..."
He glanced over to Rachel as if to ask her if what he thought was true. She nodded. When Ira looked back at the two adults, they nodded as well.
Ira:"oh, man...okay, I'm sorry that I used to fight with your daughter, but if she wasn't able to handle me then she probably wouldn't be here! She's a strong opponent! And I would never think of trying to hurt her ever again! Back then- I was just doing my job. And I hated it! Now that I'm technically free, I don't have to fight her, so-
Rachel:"Ira, calm down! Nobody's mad at you."
Ira:"...eh?"
Ryoko:"while you may have tried to harm her in your old occupation, from what Rachel's told us, it seems like you've also saved her plenty of times, too."
Ira:"...I...guess..."
Rachel:"plus, we all know that I was way more likely to beat you. Not the other way around."
Ira:"pfft- you're on a mean streak today! Jeez!"
Rachel:"and yet, you're smiling."
Ira huffed at that, but there was no actual anger or even annoyance behind it. Just amusement. The dinner, after those awkward moments of "let's all say what we're thankful for", was pleasant. Ira ended up staying over after Rachel's parents insisted. Ira had quickly teleported to the hideout to pack some stuff before teleporting back to Rachel's house. He didn't mind having to sleep on the couch, he does it all the time anyway. Rachel, having frog themed pj's on, was happy to see Ira wearing a Stitch onesie.

(A/N STITCH ONESIEEEEEEEE- yes, that was necessary.)

Yuuzou saw them with their pj's and made them both pose for another picture. Ira may or may not have pulled his hood up and held up his Stitch ears for said picture. Rachel stuck her tongue out and tucked her arms in front of her chest for it. (A/N Think Tsuyu Asui)
Now, the two teens were on the couch. Ira had taken Rachel's lap as his pillow and they watched a movie while eating popcorn. With the occasional popcorn piece hitting the other lightly in the face..

Ryoko and Yuuzou watched their daughter and future son-in-law (as said by Yuuzou) in content. Yuuzou looked at his wife and took her hand.
Yuuzou:"well? Should we go sit down with them or leave them be?"
Ryoko:"...we should probably leave them alone."
Yuuzou:"whatever you say."
With that, they left to their own room.
Ryoko:"Rachel, be sure to go to bed after the movie's over!"
Rachel:"ok, mom!"