thanksgiving special

Alright mother truckers I'm having fun writing this. if only you saw how many ideas I'm putting into this. This is a special chapter cause I think it needs one. Bye peeps.

No one's POV. (Except mine lol)

The Paladins were up bright and early decorating the castle of lions with thanksgiving decorations they had made a few days before. 

Hunk was busy in the kitchen preparing a space thanksgiving feast with the occasional help of Pidge who was constantly getting distracted by the others decorating in the halls or checking the foods progress, silly I know. but they wanted everything to be perfect for the princess and coran since this was a earth tradition, they all decided to share it with them as a surprise.

Lance spent a few hours with hunk making a special recipe his mom used to make on thanksgiving.  

By the time they had gotten done with the decorating the entire castle it was maybe 4 am.  Before they decided to head off to bed hunk had to finish the finishing touches on one very special dessert,
he made sure to hide it somewhere no one would find until after dinner.

After they were done and the food and dessert were secure they all went to bed which lasted until 8 am.  

The princess and coran awoke to find the castle decorated in leaves and fall decor, turkey and pilgrim hats, with leaves in the middle. hung across the arces and doorways there were yellow, brown, gold, orange and black streamers all across the walls.

The ceiling was way too high up for them to reach. trust me they even tried holding each other on their sholders by their feet. It most definitely hurt but after a few minutes they gave up and decided on putting them on the walls going to the dining table.

It was a lot of work but taking it all down would be the fun part.

Sadly Allura and coran reactions were not what they had expected at all.

Coran awoke first and thought someone must have snuck inside the castle and ran all the way to the control room turned on the alarm that awoke the others and one very confused princess.

Coran got on the speaker as the alarm went off and practically screeches "PALADINS WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!"

Without thinking they sleepily ran all the way to the control room with their Bayard activated. Without skipping a beat they all burst into the room in fighting stances asking what happened, it all happened so fast they saw coran terrified at the headless turkeys and staring at them like him He'd seen a ghost.

Shiro spoke first looking around panicking "what happened is it the galra?!" They looked around and saw the decorations they'd put up only hours ago.  Coran cleared his throat before calmly answering.  "Paladins there seems to be someone trying to one up my decoration skills er- sorry for overreacting I was afraid of this weird looking headless thing" 

They put their bayards away and lance walked up to coran put his hand on his shoulders and started shaking him.  "YOU CAN'T JUST SAY THERE IS A ATTACK WHEN IT'S JUST DECORATIONS!"

hunk and Keith both ran up to stop an angry lance from shaking poor coran to death.  But to be fair I'd totally react the same as lance and have.

Hunk spoke so softly with tiredness clearly there "lance calm down your shaking him to death" 

  "Hey guys guess we're the they all share one braincell meme" everyone looked confused looked at Pidge and started laughing at her smartass comment.  Coran was very confused and so was Allura who'd just walked in the room.  "What's going on?"  She asked as she directed her arms over her head and let out a yawn.