𝑪𝒉 3. 𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝑳𝒊𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑳𝒖𝒎𝒊'𝒔

Place: Winterway Square, EmberFrost Castle, Siog Rioght
Date: Nollaig the 6th, A bit after noon

Miri and West walked across the courtyard. The palace staff was already setting up for the festivities. Wreaths and pine garland were being strung around the square. People were bustling too and fro, all bundled in long coats, capes, scarves, and gloves. Each getting their own decorations and items for the wreath ceremony dinner. The snow was falling lightly as the cool winter wind bustled through the trees. The smell of chimney smoke, evergreen, and spices filled the air. Sounds of school children rehearsing carols for their King's performance rang out.

The pair were heading to the Lumi post to ask Madame Lovelace about finding a Lumi for Riku. Miri brought her light lumi Etoile with her to help describe what they were looking for. As the wind started to pick up Miri wrapped her cape around her tightly.

Noticing she was cold West wrapped his cloak around her pulling her close. Miri smiled at him, West always seemed to notice the little things. Etoile poofed ahead leading the way in the snow. They arrived at Madame Lovelace's office. She was the Lumi in charge of assigning Lumi's to fairies.

The Lumi - Fairy relationship is complicated. The strongest of Lumi's pick their own fairies, the strongest of fairies. It's like they are drawn to each other. The same thing goes for elves, pixies, and sometimes sprites. Most fae with great powers always have one by their side.

They tend to coordinate with that fairy's strongest power. Ice fairy get ice Lumis, healers get healing Lumi's, etc. Miri seemed to collect them. There was always a Lumi of some sort by her side. This had put her in high standing with Madame Lovelace.

"Lady Miri, it's so nice to see you." A disembodied voice said as they entered the lumi office. Yuletide greetings to you." A small bright pink light floated behind them.

West flinched leaning towards Miri and whispered "I am never going to get used to that."

The fairy giggled. Ever since they were kids Lumi'slumi's had made the prince jumpy. "Yuletide greetings to you as well Madame Lovelace''. She replied.

''Ah, your highness, Seasons Blessing to you and your family" The tiny pink lumi appeared and curtsied. Appearing in front of them.

"There you are, and you Seasoning Blessing to you and your kindreds on behalf of Elfico" He replied.

"So Etoile tells me you are looking for a Lumi to help with the care of a small boy. With "special" talents.'' the Madame winked. Miri's lumi had communicated about Riku being a neko telepathically to Lovelace.

"Yes, his guard Mr. Ettelinger would like to work with a lumi to help ensure Riku is safe..... Especially with his teleporting ability. He can't always control it, the boy is still very young" The fairy explained. As she and West sat down.

"I see. Any guess on the child's age?" The lumi pulled out a form and a pen from her desk drawer.

"About 6 years old is our guess,." West answered. "There is no way to know for sure. He is very small though."

"Alright,." she added that to the form. "What is his education level? Anything you can tell about him will help us find the perfect companion for the little guy."

"Hmm. well, let's see. He likes to read and play swords." West thought out loud.

"He likes pancakes, he sleeps soundly and naps a lot. He gets worried when he doesn't see me or West for a while and will teleport to check on us... Honestly, Riku is a great kid. We haven't had any trouble with him. He has been with us for a few days now." Miri added.