four, midnight.

"This is no fairytale, Potter

"This is no fairytale, Potter. "

Addilyn sat in the back of the class, Abigail beside her who jotted down notes from the textbook already 3 chapters ahead as she tuned out professor slughorn's constant rambling. How could she do that, all Addilyn could do was space out until physical work was needed. I guess that's why slughorn hated her, she never was anyone's favourite student. Her sisters were, Lilith and Lucille, smart, talented, beautiful. Fuck them, she couldn't decide between adoring them or hating them finding the border between both so thin and incomplete. 

This lesson was different though, her mind was filled with daydreams of where she wanted to be. Who she wanted to be. What she wanted to be. It was filled with anxious tics, constantly eyeing over at the boy who continued to stare at her the whole class only breaking the eye contact to write notes which he scribbled out furiously. What was he doing? Was he getting at something? Wanting to make Addilyn feel ashamed for what she had almost done? Her mind had finally reached a verdict on how she hated her sisters, now fumbling to figure out how to avoid them during her free period. 

She couldn't have been tuned out for too long, finally connecting back to the real world when a note hit her head with great passion. Abigail had ducked before it had hit Addilyn, not even noticing as she fell completely into her book, quill fumbling to keep up as she jotted down about an impeccably hard potion to make. 

Addilyn stood staring at a blank spot for a second, deciding if she were to let her negative emotions rule and get upset by what had just happened. In a change of heart, she decided not to. Taking a huff, and shifting in her seat to reach down for the paper.

It was folded in a muggle way, one not charmed to have floated over by itself but rather uncharmed to attack the person who may get in the way. She searched the classroom slightly, seeing the dull faces over everyone in her row but unable to see past that back section.

It's probably from her sisters, something ridicule and mean. She unfolded it, ready for it to burn her hands, scream at her, tear apart loudly and catch everyone's attention, yet it did none of the sort. Rather stayed still, uncharmed, unthreatening.

She sat for a second, glimpsing at the paper just waiting for something to go wrong. But nothing did. That's when she began to read.

 That's when she began to read

Romeo? what kind of fantasy story was this?

-

She had nonchalantly made her way up to the astronomy tower by ten, using her prefect privileges to give the excuse of using their special bathroom which often stood vacant after 7. It was the number one hot spot for snogging, as long as you had the password.

There she sat, back against the wall as she read the shakespearean story. Fawning over how dumb the first 100 pages were as she continued. Romeo and Juliet, famous, fantastic, fabulous, frantic, flawed fairytale. She threw pity into it, pity of rage as those sort of first sight loves don't truly happen in real life.

Romeo was such an angelic hero, cursed to make wrongdoings because he loved a girl. Juliet was a hopeless maiden, ready to be saved. It was gross, and rather unsettling. She slammed the play shut, around act 2 she had given up fumbling now to get up crossing the empty room. It was gorgeous and mysterious. Full of wonder of the night time, Nyx the goddess of night blessing upon Addilyn once again as she furrowed over the railing. 

Everything felt fresh, calming, the window passing her ear creating a soft breeze which tingled across her back whilst it picked up her hair. She closed her eyes for a moment, wishing the railing wasn't there as she took her hands off it. As low as it was she felt as though she was going to fall at any minute, giving her a sense of euphoria, a sense of freedom. She could feel everything and nothing at the same time, she was free-

"You going to jump again?" A voice cut her mind short, causing the girl to spin around with hault finding it rather peculiar as the shadows flexed their way to conceal the person who stood on the steps. No torch was lit, no moon was present. Everything was pure darkness, and her best bet was that he could hardly see her too.

"Why would I do that stranger, surely i'm not daft to do it again." She walked forward, now eclipsed by the darkness as she felt around. Her fingers fluttered on each object she could grasp, guiding her way around. 

"I promise you I am no stranger, Unless you find that comforting." 

"I was always taught stranger danger as a child, maybe I should leave before-" In a second she found her wrist grabbed, he had found her in the darkness. Halting her from moving anymore as she stood completely paralyzed, until a light came on blinding her as she blinked furiously. 

There he stood, golden light shining off his face as he brought light back into the darkness. No longer was she surrounded by the cold bruting darkness, but now the warm, kind light had filled the air. He still had his uniform on, although robe ditched and tie undone. Buttons were left untouched at the top of his shirt, where creases formed as the collar bent over. He smiled down at her, not letting go as she continued to be paralyzed by his sort of presence.

"Your bloody Romeo." She screamed, pulling her wrist away.

"And your my juliet." 

"What bloody book do you think this is?"

"A good one-"

"No, this isn't a book. This is no fairytale, potter." She spat his name as though it was pure hatred of this world. "You of all people should know this."

"But it could be-"

"Could not."

"It could" He continued to smile, as she frowned still impatient from the foolery he had displayed.

"How could this be a fairytale?" She asked with a sigh, tapping her foot as she leaned to one side.

"Because your my juliet."