VAni 3S: Mein Tera (Part 1)

"Ananth Jharna..."
Bani mouthed her eyes widening with wonder...

She had only heard about this in stories...
Now she was seeing it...

She walked forward through the dry path in between to reach a temple...
Lal tekri mandir...?

The same mandir that had disappeared all of a sudden...
It was now in the kala kendra bindu of the thilismi jungle...?

"Bholenath..."
She said in reverence holding her hands together in prayer in front of the shivling.... happiness brimmed in her at having been blessed to be in this temple in this lifetime...

"Aadi naagin..."
She heard a voice call as she worshipped her Aaradya...As she looked around for the source of the voice she noticed that the burning dhuba grass in the torch she was carrying was casting a green light in the wall in the side...

Bani walked towards the wall and noticed various inscriptions on it...

It showed a woman performing an intense penance to bholenath...a tapasya that lasted years...

Bani moved to the next image...

At last pleased with her devotion and worship appeared before her and granted her with the blessing that she wished for...

Next image...

A boon to become a serpent, an eagle and human...

Bani jumped back seeing the drawings on the wall of the dangerous creature...
The naagcheel...

"Markat..."
Bani mouthed looking at the image...

Wanting to know more Bani ran to the next drawing...

But as soon as the woman was granted the boon...she became prideful...And demanded the moon...Bholenath's sar ka taj....and lunged towards him to fight him for it...

Bholenath struck her with his thrisul...and the power of it burned half of her face...

Bani moved to the next rock art and saw the image of the woman challenging bholenath...

Moving towards the rock inscription Bani placed her hands on it...
The visuals of what happened eons ago played in her mind...

"Mein abb bhi bohot shakthishaali hoon...koi mujhe hara nahi saktha..."

"Sivay Aadi naagin ke...ek vahi hein jho tumhe tapkar degi..."

"Lekin voh mujhse jeethegi nahi...mein usse bhi hara doongi...dhool chatta doongi bholenath..."

Bani's eyes teared up listening to her Aaradya's trust in her...

And she felt ashamed that she broke that faith bholenath had in her in Satyug...

"Yeh kya huva...?your Aadi Naagin died even before taking me on bholenath...?Now who is going to stop me..."
Naagcheel said laughing maniacally...

Bani could hear the gamand in her words...

With the death of the only person who was powerful enough to kill her Naagcheel had started to think of herself as invincible....
Her sense of superiority and entitlement had fueled her ego....

She began to think that everyone are inferior to her...

Driven mad by her pride in her invincibility Naagcheel conquered naaglok, Cheel lok and unleashed hell upon them killing thousands of ichadari naag naagins and cheels...