You and Music

Pag night shift I love blasting the unit with some music. One time Bang and I got placed together in the NICU extension in the upper floor. It's been a long time since the last time na nakasama ko siya ulet. We hardly connect these days or baka napreoccupy lang talaga ako with other women I almost forgot about this beautiful lady. Dalawa lang kami noon in a very quiet floor coz kami lang nag occupy din. Just her and our babies hahaha that sounded weird.

I was singing along to my playlist and she was making that smile that I swear could make anyone swoon, girl, boy, bakla, tomboy seriously. "Ma'am Bea bagay sa'yo yang mga ganyang music you rap so well by the way di ko inexpect."

I lightly scratched the back of my head like suddenly I got shy I didn't know she was paying attention.  I guess I'm not used to compliments. "Probably would have to do with my tongue." Oops that didn't sound right. I immediately covered my mouth with my hand. Good thing she didn't get it. Anyway so that shook me off and that evening from time to time I would go to her cubicle when I'm done with my work and I don't know why I am so fascinated with her cradling the baby and feeding him. I mean this is a mundane thing for us. We are actually like second mothers to these babies. We often get called aunties by their parents coz yeah second moms. But I have to admit it looks particularly good on her.

She just finished feeding the baby then tinaob niya na or we call it prone position but the baby was still agitated. I approached her and asked, "Does the baby want more?"

"I don't think so masuka suka na nga siya e."

"Hmm..lemme see." I gently rubbed and tapped the baby's back and started singing softly. 

"Time to let the, time to let the, time to let the beat drop

Baby I'ma let you know, don't always gotta be fast

Maybe we can take it slow

Don't always gotta rush, gotta build that trust

We're two birds just singin' that song                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Singing that ladeedeedodeeda, melodies go back and forth

You sittin' on that G string, maybe I just struck a chord
                                                                                                                                                          The music's in your heart, that's where I'm gonna start

And if you just play along

I'll make sure I'm in tune

In this concert just for two..."

She was just looking intently at me. "Uhm did I just sing you and your ex's theme song?"

She snorted a laugh. "No ano ka ba. But that's my favorite song."

"Our first song by Joseph Vincent." I replied back.

"Yup." She was somehow getting shy to continue I don't know what she wants but then she finally mustered the courage to tell it. "Can you continue singing the chorus?"

I smiled back. "Yeah no problem."

"'Cause this is our first song

Sorry I had you waiting so long

Gotta make it perfect it can't be wrong, no
                                                                                                                                                                Tryin' to keep doin' it right, with you on my mind

'Cause you are my baby                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Promise I'll treat you like a lady

And I won't do you no harm
                                                                                                                                                                'Cause this is our first song"

"Bang tulog na pala si baby." Sarap pa ng pakikinig niya di niya napansin na borlogs na pala ang alaga niya. Guess she really loves this song.

Bigla siyang napabalikwas. "Ay oo nga pala kala ko sa rapping ka lang magaling lamig din pala ng boses mo."

"Haha di naman uy. My voice ain't that good but it's not that bad either. Saka kanina mo pa ko kinocompliment tignan mo anlaki na ng ulo ko." Patting my head to show her. "Hydrocephalus na." She snickered.

"Ang corny mo Ma'am Bea."

"Pano ko naging corny natawa ka nga e. " I tried defending my case with a small laugh as well.

"O sige minsan corny." She smiled back.

"Next time ikaw naman kumanta para marinig ko boses mo."

"Wala ng next time mag-uuwian na kaya. Tara close na tayo ng charting."

Napatingin ako sa orasan 15 minutes before 7. But before we headed to our computers I snatched her attention once more. "Bang bus ka din ba sasakay pauwi?"

"Yup 55 or 56 sinasakyan ko." Tugon nito.

"Oh same pede din ako diyan. I mean any number naman pede ko dun sakyan. Mind if sabay na tayo umuwi?"

"Sige ba kita na lang sa baba kung sinong mauna." Bang spat back.

"Yup see you then."

The bus ride went smoothly. All about getting lost in her eyes and eternal smile. Di ba nagkakalockjaw tong taong to lagi nakangiti? But I almost had to drag my feet off that bus when I reached my destination and she still lives a bit far. I gotta admit she was fun to hang out with. And I need to put OUR FIRST SONG on multiple repeats.