CHAPTER 29 - Take it To Heart

"Gomen ne Fuegoleon" you brushed his now messy hair behind his ear. You knew that Fuegoleon was hiding the whole time so you casted your absolute command to switch place with a clone.

You can still feel what your clone was feeling and your clone will react just as you would in that type of situation. You can't face Fuegoleon yet but his words struck you.

"What my heart desires?" You whispered to him questioningly. You feel awful for seeing him tear up like that but you had to make a choice.

It's either you'll leave or you'll stay and truly disappear.

"Fuegoleon, why are you always like this? Giving me hope when I need it. It's hard to let a man like you go" you carried him with the strength of your absolute command.

You left him on his bed as you sat down on the chair near it. You can feel the love surging through your veins and it's absolutely odd.

It's a fact that you've erased your love with your power but why is it returning so quickly? Was it because your heart wanted it? Is that the key to your power?

"Is my power generated from what my heart desires? Did you know this all along Fuegoleon?" You asked the sleeping captain softly.

"I don't know what to do..." You ruffled your hair in frustration.

"Should I be selfish and ask my power to make you forget your love? Will you get angry?" You asked and closed your eyes tightly.

•••

You were sleeping on the chair while your upper body was supported by the bed. Fuegoleon woke up to see your peaceful figure. He couldn't help but make his heart leap in joy as he touched you to know he wasn't imagining you.

You shifted from your sleep and looked at him with confused eyes. He stopped for a second until he embraced you tightly. You were taken aback by the sudden motion, feeling your body grew in pain.

"Fuegoleon..." You said, signalling the man that you can't breath.

"How are you alive?" He asked, both his hands gripping your shoulders. You looked at him as of you were confused.

"Was I not supposed to be?" You asked as he just shook his head off, thinking that it was just a nightmare of his.

"Would you get mad if I made you stop loving me?" You asked bluntly which made your captain smack your head like he does with Leo.

"The word mad would be an understatement. No words can express my anger if you would do that, kitten" he said sternly as you rubbed your head from the pain he inflicted.

You realized that he slipped his nickname for you as you looked away.

"I am not a kitten" you denied.

"I suppose you're not because you're my Lioness... So don't think of leaving me. My flames would not be as bright without you around" he said and you hid your blush.

"Don't you have a Captain's meeting or something..?" You directed your topic elsewhere as he does, in fact, have a meeting.

"Ah yes, It would seem so." He remembered.

"If I return, I expect you to be here with your open arms. Remember, follow your heart's desire" he advised and left.

"How about I do a little experiment then?" You asked yourself and went to find Charlotte. She was out to go to the Captain's meeting when you caught her.

"Latte-chan!" You beamed happily.

"L-latte....chan...?" She asked.

"Ah don't mind that. Charlotte oddly remind me of Latte! I mean if you prefer I can call you prickly quee—"

"Latte-chan is okay!" She quickly cut you off at the mention of the nickname Yami gave her. "Call me Captain in public" she reminded.

"What is it?" She continued to ask.

"I want to know what would happen if Fuegoleon and I don't know each other" you told her as she looked you at you questioningly with her stern gaze.

"How do you propose to do that and what do I have to do with it?" She inquired once more.

"I'm doing it a day using my magic and if things get too out of hand then I'll count on you to know what to do" you said and she nodded. She can't say no to you, you were a friend and she knows how much you've suffered.

"Alright" she agreed even though it was risky.

"I wish... That I and Fuegoleon would forget each other but only this day. Charlotte Roselei can stop this spell by her choice" you said as your grimoire did it's magic. You felt lightheaded and stumbled slightly.

The beautiful Captain caught your figure and awaited for you to speak. "Latte-chan, what did I do a while ago again?" You asked as she shook her head signalling to not mind it.

"Do you recall the name Fuegoleon?" She asked as you looked at her questioningly.

"Fuegoleon?" You asked her as she sighed. The plan was on going.

"How could you have forgotten your Captain" she scolded as a play and you sweat dropped.

"I—really?" You said in disbelief. You were great at remembering things and your captain was a person you should never forget.

"I have been irresponsible, I see" you scolded yourself and she excused herself to go to the meeting. You left while Charlotte went in the meeting, seeing Fuegoleon and seated.

They've talked about what happened and  what's about to happen. A few days ago, they've been out to form an alliance with the Heart Kingdom and now, they're planning on training.

"Ah and Fuegoleon, I would like you to explore the volcanic lands of Clover. It has been said that a flower that increases  flame magic inhabits that land." The young Wizard King informed.

"Perhaps we can extract it and experiment so that it suits all magic types. I would like you to go with (Y/n) since you seem comfortable with working with her" the Wizard King finished.

"Pardon, but I don't remember anyone named (Y/n)" he said as the others grew surprised and amused. The Wizard King noticed Charlotte's lacking expression, meaning that she knows something.

"That's fine, get to know each other. I still trust you two to accomplish this mission. Take as many days as you want but please return in time's accordance" the small Wizard King caught on.

Fuegoleon and the others saluted as the meeting got adjourned.