˖⋆࿐໋₊ 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦

the clock on the wall strikes five, and my shift is officially ending.

guilt has plagued me ever since the bathroom incident. i feel like i went too hard on dream. now that i've had more time to think about it, the reasoning behind his actions becomes more and more logical to me. it's obvious he'd freak out upon receiving a test like that. this job offer is important to him, a crucial step in crawling out of the freelancing world. i'd panic too.

still, taking advantage of me, who he knows is loyal and vulnerable, is kind of a dickhead move. but i'll forgive him. many people would do the same. as long as he's got a fair apology, i'm fine with it. weed isn't a big deal. and so i shouldn't make it into one.

i get out of the elevator once it reaches the first floor. now, out the back door to the parking lot and into his car. if he's kept his promise to pick me up, that is. but i don't doubt he's waiting for me, he always keeps his promises.

the weather outside is nice, but fall is treading in for real now. lately it's been getting colder, and windier. my legs will start to suffer soon if i don't ditch my skirts. it makes me sad, to be honest. life without them isn't as fun.

my eyes scan the perimeter for that familiar black bmw. i walk along the wall of the office building until i find exactly what i'm looking for. a hand decorated in expensive rings waves at me from inside the vehicle, and i can feel my heart flutter like every other time i've seen him. his hair falls in curls over his forehead, and his bright eyes glitter as he gazes at me.

i skip the last few feet over to the passenger side, giddy as ever. the doors unlock with a click, allowing entry.

"hi hun, how was work?"

my body sinks down into the leather seat, relaxing as i feel that same hand brush against my cheek.

"it was alright," i shrug, "nothing eventful."

he tucks a few dark strands of hair behind my ear, smiling and leaning over to kiss me softly. i melt into it without hesitation. it makes me forget about reality for a few, peaceful seconds.

his expression has changed once i open my eyes again, to a more mellow and sympathetic one.

"i'd like to apologize for earlier," he states, "i didn't mean to use you like that. it was a shitty thing to do, i've realized that now. the fact that you even agreed to it shows me that you really are loyal, and that you'd do anything for me. i don't think you know how much i appreciate that."

he takes my hand in his, gently stroking it with his thumb as he looks me in the eyes.

"i hope you understand that i had no intention of hurting you or your trust for me. i acted impulsively, without thinking of the consequences. honesty is incredibly important to me, and i know it is to you too. i've messed up once now, and i promise i won't do it again, okay? i'll try to be as upfront with you as i can in the future."

it's like all my anxiety has been washed away with a single wave. i can't help but smile at his speech. he's really got a special way with words. it feels raw and sincere, just as i wished.

i open my arms to hug him forgivingly. his embrace is calming. everything feels right again.

"i wanna say sorry for how i acted too," i mumble into his chest, "me lashing out like that was a bit harsh. in hindsight, i could see the logic behind what you did. and even though i wouldn't have done the same, i forgive you. don't worry."

"you have nothing to be sorry for, honey. it was completely rational to react like that. i think i needed to hear it too, honestly," he chuckles, drawing shapes on my back.

a comfortable silence sets in. the traffic outside provides nothing more than muffled background noise. sounds of engines revving, car doors slamming and wheels rolling on the grey asphalt. in our own little universe they don't exist. it's just me and him, him and me.

"i love you dream," i say after a while.
"i love you too george. never wanna lose you."

he kisses me again, this time for longer. he tastes so sweet, like mint and cotton candy. it's got me mesmerized. left me with not a worry in the world. his fingers play with my hair, occasionally tugging at it.

"you're such a tease," i complain when we pause for air.
"you seem to enjoy it though."

can't deny that.

his evil tongue explores my mouth, and he palms me through my pants until i desperately moan. a string of wet saliva still connects us after we've pulled away.

"back to my place, then?" he whispers, giving me goosebumps.

i nod as he starts the car, reversing out of the parking space. my forehead rests against the cold glass window so that i can look out. people are wandering the streets. life goes on as normal. my boner isn't disappearing. everything is as it should be.

but despite that, the distant worry from earlier comes back to haunt me again. we've resolved our conflict, yet it feels like something is wrong. really wrong.