Chapter 1

1807

Belinda Durham was on her informal stroll through Cairo, her family was on an expedition to find the Temple of Lilithu. Her father and fiancé heard of it from the merchants who has been this from the natives of Egypt. As usual her father wanted to go in search of it and prove it's existence to his fellow archeologists. So he got funds from the British government to sponsor his foolish exploration and forced his family to tag along. Although she hated when her father goes on these hopeless treasure hunts, she loves to see him happy and he was the happiest when he gets to go on an adventure with his family, so that made her happy too.

He wanted her to marry Frederick Douglass so, she said yes to his proposal even though she didn't t love him. So here she was walking the streets of Cairo and thinking of all she has done to make her father happy. It was time for her to get back to you the house rented for them in the city for while they do a little more research on the location of the Temple .

When she got back, her mother was preparing dinner and father and fiancé were over map trying to pinpoint the location of the amulet. " Eureka! " my father yelled suddenly from across his study, " finally I have figured out where the amulet could be located, Martha, Linda pack the bags and load them in onto the wagon we will be leaving first thing tomorrow " at that he and Frederick went to the living room, pouring themselves a glass of whiskey and talking about manly things. Mr. Durham or as he liked to be called, Fernando went out that evening, told his guides along with his fellow colleagues, that they would be leaving tomorrow at dawn .

They woke up early the next day and started their journey to where Mesopotamia was located so long ago. For weeks they traveled, setting up camp whenever it got dark or stopped at any towns so they can rest and buy more supplies. Four weeks and a day later they have reached their destination. They set up camp and rest so the could start the excavation tomorrow. One of the native guides decided to tell us the legend of the amulet, his name was Azime , " this is the story of the lost amulet of Lilithu, I do not know the exact time this was I only know what my grandmother told me. Years ago two twins were born to the High priestess of the Great Goddess , a boy and a girl, she named the boy Lithu and the girl Lilithu. They both grew into the kindest of people, both beautiful and graceful in their own right , but when their mother died ,their birthright was taken from them and given to Kert . For many years Kert used his stolen position to mix in the dark arts and soon he gained followers and formed a dark cult, raising him up as their god. Soon he turned his fellow Mesopotamians against the worship of the Great Goddess, all except Lithu and Lilithu. The king of that time was blinded of Kert betrayal , not knowing of his treachery, he believed the lies of the Twins being renegades , putting a death sentence on their heads . Lilithu and Lithu , faithful to the Great Goddess and her Consort, built a secret and sacred temple to them underground. For years they hid and worshipped their god and goddess in secret until a slave girl saw them going to their temple. The slave girl told Kert of this, but no matter how much she tried to find the entrance to the temple again, she could not and was thus killed for lying to a High Priest . Lilithu heard about this and grew afraid so she made an amulet , that was then blessed by the Great Goddess, her consort and their faithful messenger, to turn any curse into a blessing. Kert, who was still looking for the hidden temple and had finally found with it, unfortunately, Lithu,Lilithu and those not fooled by Kert's deception,were inside. Kert and his disciples brought Lithu and Lilithu to the king to await their punishment. The king decided to curse them, to forever crave the blood of the living. When they were cursed the amulet blessed them with immortality, strength, speed, stealth and agility along with magic and fast healing. For many years the roamed the earth and were called demons by the Hebrews and Babylonians, Kert finally found them and killed them, but little did he know that merely injured them, forcing them into a deep sleep and it is said that they are still asleep within the temple of their Great Goddess,awaiting the day to be awoken "with that he finished his tale.