Chapter 3

“Linda you need to…” I was outside Aunt Linda's office, she had called me out of last period class, it made wonder if I was in trouble. “I have already spoken to Lilith…” that was definitely Aunt Linda's voice, this has been going on since I took my seat in the waiting area, I was the only there so I had nothing to but eavesdrop “She needs to meet the boy…” that sounded like Cecile, “Cecile,I will not have bring him into this,” I heard my godmother shout, “He has been chosen Linda, you can't expect to shield him from his destiny;” Cecile sighed “In fact, it has already begun,” she finished and then I heard the door jingle, quick, I rushed for something I caught site of a travel magazine and pretended to read it as Cecile and Aunt Linda stepped out, “Hi Felix, how are you?” Cecile asked when she caught sight of me “Yeah, I'm good, how about you?” I asked “I'm great,” and with that was out the door, leaving only silence between me and Aunt Linda.

“How has your time here been so far?” Aunt Linda, she was doing some paper work as I sat across from her, “Great!” I said making sure to pour as much enthusiasm as could into my words, she looked at me and nodded, “I heard you made friends with Devon,” she went on again, “Yeah, he's nice,” this was beginning to feel more like an investigation than a ‘I hope you enjoy it here’ conversation. Aunt Linda looked at me cautiously “Have you been getting enough sleep?” her tone showed sign of worry, I really wasn't, with the dream each night that seemed to be getting more and intense, “Yeah, I've been sleeping alright,” she nodded again, “Good,” she seemed to pause a little, “I was wondering,” began, looking at me to see if she could continue, “Would like a part-time job?” she asked me.

When Aunt Linda asked me if I wanted to work parttime, I was thinking of the school supply shop or as a junior lab assistant, but I should have at least guest this, I was now working as a cashier at Cecile's Bookstore and Giftshop, it was more of an after school job than part-time job, since I had be there every evening after school and on Saturdays too. When had heard I had taken an after school job, she was ecstatic, saying how her little had grown up and was becoming a responsible young man, Aunt Linda just watched from the sidelines laughing quietly as my mother smotherd me to death. Cecile was nice and always had tea ready whenever I came by to work, and the pay was great, I could save up to by that motorcycle I've always wanted, the downside was that I hardly got to spend time with Devon and his friends,  he said it was cool and we got to hang out on Sundays and whenever we were both in our room.

Ding! That was the door, sygnifying the arrival of a customer “Welcome to Cecile's Bookstore and Giftshop,” I greeted as I stepped from behind the counter. The customer was a woman, with with skin as dark as chocolate and creamy as caramel, “Is there anything I can help you with?” I asked, she looked at me with the darkest eyes I've ever seen, they looked as if they were cut from obsidian glass. Her face was framed my tall locs adorned with golden beads and white shell. She was a beautiful woman and as I was appraising her, she was doing the same thingnto me, after a what seemed like hours had passed, she seemed to have made up her mind “I've come to seek the guidance of Gasan Cecile,” she said, her voice thick with an accent that cannot place, “Miss Cecile isn't here right now, would you like me to deliver a message?” I asked politely, she paused, “Yes, tell her that Lilith, stopped by,” and with that the lady left.

Cecile came back an hour later, “How were things?” she asked, “Great, ” I answered her then I remembered the lady, “Someone stopped by to see you though” I went on told her,  she gave me a puzzled, “ Who could that be?” “She said her name was Lilith.”

“Amy,would you quit it!” Katie shouted, Amy was throwing chips at Katie while the rest of us watched, Amy stuck out her tongue and but she did stop. “So Felix, have you ever been to the Horror Pit?” Mark asked me, “No, never heard of it,” I answered,  right now they were giving me a tour of Baron Hill well showing me all the places that I never got to last time we were out, “Well, today's your lucky day, 'cause we're taking yah.”