Chapter 2

It was around six pm when we had arrived at Baron Hills, the town was small in fact it wasn't much of town and was much like a barracks of a University grounds, because that is exactly what it was Baron Hills was founded by the founder of Baron Hill Academy, Sir Rupert Baron in the late 1900, the Academy it self was built like a castle and big enough to house boarding facilities for over 3000 students, it had been upgraded from an University to an Academy that taught students from preschool to University level, this was the school that I would attend starting Monday of next week. As for mom, her new job entailed something thing she had always wanted to do her entire life , she was going to teach. She was always a teacher of course, teaching at the local college back at our old town in Whishers Creek but she always had a love for children, plus this job paid more than that one  could ever pay , so it was a win-win situation. From what I've also gathered is that this job didn't come easy, his mom's friend was the current headmistress of Baron Hills Academy, she had put quite a fight with the school to get my mother this position. On top of it all  we would be boarding at the Academy starting Monday, in meantime we would be staying at my mother's friend's personal quarters, which was within the Academy grounds.

We arrived had arrived at the headmistress quarters around 8 pm that night, my mother was bursting with happiness and I would do anything to make her stay this happy. As we approached the front door and out came a tall, beautiful, woman. She looked about my mother's age, if not older. In fact if I didn't know my mother had only one sibling, I would have mistaken her for my mother's sister. They both had the same, the same chestnut hair, except this woman wore hers in a sophisticated shoulder length bob cut as mom was a at her waist and prefers to where a ponytail or just let it free like how it was now, they both had chocolate brown eyes and an pale olive skin tone. “Linda!” my mom exclaimed, pulling they woman, now known as Linda into a hug, “It's nice to see you again, Helen,” Linda said, hugging my mom just as warmly as she was being hugged. “Oh, Linda, this is my son Felix,” my mother said, finally introducing to her longtime friend, “It's nice to meet you miss,” I said, trying to be polite as we shook hands, “Just Aunt Linda dear, but at the Academy you may address me as Professor Durham.” “Why don't you come in, I'll help you get your stuff.”

After Linda showed us to the rooms we'd be using for night, Linda and my mother decided to catch up, leaving with the option of either going to bed or listening to their stories, I was tired so it was easy decision, so I went off to my room, got cozy and went to bed.

I woke to the scent of bacon and coffee, the sun was streaming through room casting gentle rays on walls. I strode down the stairs and into the kitchen mom was having coffee as Aunt Linda was preparing breakfast, “Good morning Felix,” Aunt Linda said without looking my way, I was surprised but I remembered my manners “Morning Aunt Linda, morning Mom,” mom looked at smiling as did she returned my greeting.

The breakfast was delicious, Mom and Aunt Linda chatted through it. Aunt Linda said I had to get the uniform for tomorrow and that I'll be moved to a dorm tomorrow evening after classes. Mom had stop by the Academy to talk with the other preschool teachers and to meet the parents, Aunt Linda had go out and run some errands, and decided I could tag along with her.

I was getting along well with Aunt Linda, she made it her job to point out every landmark of Baron Hill, she also got me my uniforms,custom made. We had went Baron Hill only library which was her and had taken out an library card , then it was of to the Arch a natural land formation of a giant archway carved into a waterfall. “So what do you think of Baron Hill?” Aunt Linda asked me while we were on our way to our last stop, She was keeping her eyes the road, but I could tell by the smile on her face that she really enjoyed showing me around and she wanted to know if I had enjoyed the tour, “It's amazing!” I answered her with honesty, the town was amazing and I actually think I would love it here, a chance for a brand new start, I smiled to myself.