Chapter 19- It's Okay to Cry

Tears roll down my cheeks as I run to the stairwell. I run up the empty steps, sobbing, and burst through the door to the roof. I run to the edge and grip the chain link fence overlooking the city. Snowflakes softly fall from the gray sky, coating my hair with white specks.

"(YN)!!"

I turn to the voice to see Adrian running towards me, his blonde hair blowing in the wind. "(YN)!" He calls again.

I let go of the fence and wipe the tears from my face. "Adrian?"

"What's wrong?" He asks, as he wipes a tear from my cheek with his thumb.

"I-I'm sorry...I'm such a clingy baby.." I softly say.

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"I just don't want you to go...I've missed you so much since I've gone home...and I can't stand the thought of saying goodbye to you because...because I love you!!" I say with red cheeks. "I shouldn't be so clingy either...you have every right to live your own life without me gripping onto it."

Adrian looks surprised at first, but then simply smiles. "How could I find you clingy if you haven't seen me in a few months? You missed me, and you knew that we don't know how long it'll be till we see each other again." He wraps his arms around me and brings his voice to a whisper. "But I promise you that I know that we'll find a way to see each other."

"Are you sure?"

"Do you ever think I'd lie to you, Snowflake?"

I look up at Adrian and feel reassured at the confidence in his voice. "No." I pause. "I love you Adrian Agreste."

Adrian kisses my head. "I love you too, (yn) (yln)."

I wrap my arms around his neck and peck his lips. Adrian smirks, puts his hands on my waist, and kisses me. I get the same warm feeling from our first kiss once again, and feel fireworks go off in my head. Snowflakes swirl around us in the cool winter air, but the only goosebumps I get are the ones from Adrian's warm touch.

When our lips part, Adrian wipes one last tear from my face.

"I'm sorry for crying like this." I softly say.

Adrian smiles and kisses the top of my head. "You know, a smart girl once told me that it's okay to cry."

I smile and blush at the memory from Paris. I nod, and grab his hand. "Let's get back to class."

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

I sit cris cross on the roof of the airport as I watch the plane with Adrian on it soar into the clouds. I look into my mirror at my reflection. I stare into my large cat eyes. "It'll be alright." I softly whisper to myself. I stand up and put my mirror into my belt. I take a deep breath, turn away from the runway, and head back to the apartment.

When I reach the roof, I take a deep breath. "Kitti, whiskers off." I transform back into my normal self, and walk down the steps back to my apartment.

"Mom! I'm home!" I call out, setting my backpack down.

"Oh good! Want to help me with these lights?" She asks, holding up the white twinkle lights in her hands.