Shoes are for the badass.

A/N: For those of you who are waiting for the sequel of my Bakudeku story, hopefully I will start writing it over the weekend.

~Izuku's Pov.~

Hi, I'm Izuku Midoriya, I'm 12 years old and in my first year of junior high. Everyone in my school see's me as an outcast, I don't really fit in here.

Honestly, they are right. They all have this special ability called a quirk and relatively strong ones at that, but I have none, making me powerless, useless and weak. This also makes me a target for bullying and a good way for them to practice their quirks.

You probably want to know how this started, well here's how...

~3rd Person Pov.~
~8years ago.~

"Mama, Dada!" A young boy yelled excitedly, bouncing on the balls of his feat as he looked up at his parents.

Inko and Hisashi Midoriya.

They were you average family, a happily married couple with an adorable, lovely son.

Inko was a skinny short greenette, like her son, emerald eyes, with smooth features and a kind smile.

Hisashi was a tall, muscular man, he had light white hair and piercing blue eyes the glowed with love, he was a little more scruff but always wore a goofy smile.

Izuku was a mix of both his parents, but mainly inheriting his mother's features, he had dark green hair with a streak of white at the front, his left eye was an emerald green that shown with happiness, right a shining blue that was as bright as fire, he had freckles that scattered all along his cheeks and nose (which he got from his grandmother on his dads side) and adorable baby fat, along with the kind, goofy smiles his parents wore.

"Yes, little one." His father spoke while bending down and picking up the small child, placing him on his hip.

"Can I be a hero? Even if I don't get a quirk?" The toddler asked his father, see, Izuku's birthday had pasted by months now but he still shows no sign of a quirk.

It wouldn't be unlikely for him to nor receive one either as neither of his parents quirks are that dominant and strong, only bring a minor telekinesis and fire breathing.

"Of course you can, little guy." His father gave an even brighter goofy grin which was returned by the 4 year olds own.

Inko side-eyed her husband, 'of course he couldn't be a hear if he's powerless, he's giving him false hope.' Was the only thing she could think of, but Hisashi brushed off her look, his son could be anything he wanted.

"How about we go to the quirk doctor?" Inko offered her son, getting a rushed nod as Hisashi put Izuku down and they both rushed to get their shoes, giggling and chuckling all the way.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Sorry kid, not going to happen." The doctor said blatantly, it was silent, the only sound heard was the All Might action figure dropping to the marble floor, clattering and cracking.

"W-what do you mean?" Inko stuttered as she grabbed her husbands hand.

The doctor then went on to described the evolution of the human body with the addition quirk factor, showing that Izuku didn't have one because his pinky had two joints instead of one.

Inko was heartbroken, the boy she raised was powerless, different, all the other parents would look down on her for raising this- this monster.

Inko looked at her son with hatred as Hisashi pulled away from her, going up to his son and hugging him, whispering sweet nothings in his ear, until the goofy smile he loved returned to his sons face, mirrored with his.