Chapter 9

The former Green Ranger made her way to the Quarry. It would be a few minutes until sunlight would be barely visible. She raised her golden staff, and placed it into the ground. The rock beneath her began to crumble as several monstrous beings made up of nothing but gold and rock crawled out of the ground, the putties.

Rita laughed to herself, as she pointed her staff towards the mountains, ordering them to hunt down and kill Kion's team, hoping to buy her time to re-forge Goldar.

Kion's team made their way out of the spaceship, and into the caverns of the underground cave, making their way back to the entrance, with the floating water above them. "Are you guys ready?" Kion asked.

Bunga chuckled as he lightly punched the Red Ranger's shoulder. "Like you have to ask!"

Kion smiled under his helmet. "Alright then!"

The five teenagers leapt up, and swam through the body of water. On the surface, they could see the Putties making their way to the top of the mountain. Using their enhanced strength, they all launched themselves from the water, and to the top of the mountain.

There they were greeted by the sight of an army of putties, ready to tear them apart.

Seeing the five teenagers land in front of them, the army of Putties shifted their attention towards the rangers, and began to approach Kion's team.

The Rangers raised their fists, as they all charged towards the putties, engaging in combat with them.

While the rock-based monsters are still somewhat of a challenge, the Ranger armor provided some benefits, as it made the punches hurt less. Allowing for better performance in combat. "WOW THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER WITH ARMOR!" Bunga enthusiastically shouted.

Bunga did several backflips and spin kicks to take down the rock monsters. He was actually enjoying the experience compared to the training where he would get beaten up and bruised constantly, so the armor was a huge improvement. Bunga once again attempted to do his "Zuka Zama" move in battle, but he was quickly knocked to the ground by a Puttie.

As a reaction Bunga put his arms up and braced for the rock monster to hit him, but instead, what formed in front of him was a double ended spear, with a more Oval shaped spear at the front of the Spear. The weapon had a black-grayish color scheme, with a few navy outlines. However the main thing about the weapon was the neon blue outlines of the weapon, which made it stand out in the darkness of the early morning. He smiled under the armor and jumped to his feet and took advantage of the weapon he now wielded.

Fuli sprinted through the rocky battlefield. She used her speed to build up momentum to knock away as many putties as possible, as a way of making the battlefield less crowded. She almost lost her balance for a quick second, but she quickly reacted and backflipped over a puttie that stood behind her. As she flew through the air, a spear with a neon yellow glow crystalized in her hand. Once she landed, she made quick work of the rock monster.

Ono was mostly using offensive attacks, but his training that he gave himself the past week did help him as he was a quick learner. But he was still struggling with keeping up with his fellow rangers. However, that was in contrast to Beshte, who was able to easily use his super strength in battle without breaking a sweat.

The White Ranger stood on the edge of the cliff as the Putties ganged up on him, knocking him back, forcing him to hang onto the ledge of the cliff. "UM GUYS, A LITTLE HELP!" Ono cried out.