Chapter 1- A Surprise

Marinette woke to the sound of her father's deep voice calling her name from the bakery. "Marinette! Alya is waiting outside!" He boomed. Marinette checked the time on her phone, squinting at the bright screen in the dim room. The sun wasn't up yet, but that didn't stop Alya from driving to a cottage in the woods for a camping trip.

"Ok, i'm coming!" Marinette jumped from her loft bed, hanging on the wooden railing around the bed until her feet touched the cold ground. Fall was fast approaching, but Alya still wanted to get on their last trip together until school started.

As she frantically stuffed things into her bag, she noticed her phone buzzing, Alya was calling. 'Can she wait 4 minutes?' She thought to herself. Any Akuma's that were to arise weren't a problem, since Alya had an app on her phone to alert her of the approaching Akuma's. "Hello?" She held the phone to her ear. Giggling came from the other side, followed by Alya's iconic sly voice.

"By the way, I have a surprise for you when you get down here, just get in the front seat," Alya snickered. Marinette could hear the sly smirk on her face already, one similar to Chat Noir's.

"Alya!" Marinette whined as she quickly put the phone on speaker while she began to get dressed. A black, halter top; light wash jean shorts and her ebony blue hair in a messy bun for convenience. "I don't like surprises, they get me really stressed!"

"You'll like this one, believe me!" She assured her before hanging up. Marinette rolled her eyes before slipping on a pair of sandals and hurrying down the steps with her suitcase, thumping down each step and rattling back and forth.

Marinette kissed her parents on the cheek, before rushing through the bakery door to see Alya's shiny, red car sitting on the road. "We can put that in the trunk," The red head looked at the pink suitcase as she got out of the driver's side door.

"Alya, what is the surprise?" Marinette huffed, slugged her shoulders as the heavy suitcase was placed into the trunk.

"I'm not telling you," She cooed in a sing-song voice. Marinette huffed, giving up her trying and just getting in the passenger seat. As she closed the door, she saw the look of blonde hair in the rear view mirror and her heart almost stopped for a moment.

"Hey Mari," Adrien smiled, peeking around the chair.

"GAH!" Marinette flung herself against the window. Nino peeked over Adrien's head, smiling at Marinette too. Of course Alya would do something like this. Great. She didn't pack makeup which meant she would have to look her worst for a week in front of Adrien.

"Yo, Mari!" Nino removed the headphones from his ears to rest them around his neck.

"I'm so excited, I've never been camping with friends" Adrien smiled dumbly. Marinette resumed her normal sitting position as Adrien retracted back to the back seat.

"Dude, you're gonna have so much fun!" Nino smiled. Alya began the car again, watching out of the corner of her eye as Marinette's face flushed red and she began to sweat. Marinette hadn't realized at the time, but she had packed her newest bathing suit. It was a more mature version of her other ones, more revealing. The string in the back and around the neck, the small bottoms, and the added bonus of Adrien, shirtless, hadn't yet hit Marinette.

A few hours into driving, Alya played all of Marinette's favorite songs. Without thinking twice, she began singing along, loudly. She was in her own little world and she completely forgot about the blonde that sat behind her.

Meanwhile, Adrien watched in awe as she sang loudly, but beautifully. She rolled her hand in the wind, the fast paced air on the highway pulling her hand along. Adrien smiled, watching his friend enjoy herself, like she almost never seemed to do when he was around, well, not without a large group of people.