Chapter 2-Pancakes and Sports Bra's

While Marinette sat by the late night fire, she watched as her paper plate from supper burned to a crisp and left nothing but ash behind. The sound of the fire crackling and the crickets chirping put her to peace. "Here," Alya held a metal stick with two pointed tips at the ends in Marinette's face. Marinette looked up at Alya, who was wearing a big smile.

"There's only two sticks so you and Adrien will have to share," She shrugged, sitting on the wooden log across from her, while Nino appeared from, what felt like, thin air and sat next to her.

"Yeah dude, you've got this," Nino placed a blanket over top of his and Alya's lap as she snuggled closer to him.

"Whatever you say Nino," Marinette narrowed her eyes.

"Here Mari," Adrien said from behind her, startling her to a point of flinching at the sight of his hands, placing the blanket next to her. Adrien sat next to Marinette, though keeping a small gap between the two.

"Thanks Adrien," She quickly placed the blanket over his lap and her own. As the four talked about their summer vacations, Marinette noticed the lack of marshmallows over the fire.

"I'm going to go get the marshmallows, ok?" Marinette stood up, pointing to the cabin. Alya nodded and continued to talk to Adrien and Nino.

"What are you going to do about your room situation?" Tikki appeared once they were alone in the kitchen.

"What do you mean?"

"You did the same thing on the plane to New York a couple years ago, you made an excuse and switched, but what now?" Tikki asked.

"I'm just going to have to push through it, if i switch he'll think I don't like him and don't want to share a room with him," Marinette pulled the bag of marshmallows from the high cabinet and opened the front door again, Tikki disappearing into her hair again, though still talking.

"I'm just saying, don't come crying to me when you can't handle it,"

"Here Adrien," Marinette held the stick out to Adrien, ready for him to put his marshmallow on the end. Adrien slid the marshmallow on, then looking at Marinette as if to say 'ok, now what?'. "You have to hold it over the fire, then once the outer sides are a golden brown, you can eat it,"

"Nah, you gotta have it nice and burnt!" Nino exclaimed, holding his marshmallow right in the flames without care.

"No! I don't want mine in flames!" Alya snatched the stick away from him and held it outside the fire pit, still close to the coals as she rotated it.

"So Adrien, what have you been up to all summer?" Marinette struggled to make conversation without stuttering while Nino and Alya were off in their own little world of love.

"Nothing particularly different, mostly modelling and fashion shows," Adrien shrugged as he watched the small pieces of still burning ash fly above the fire then float onto the dirt ground.

"Oh? What fashion shows?" Marinette roasted the marshmallows one last time before holding the stick between her thighs and smushing one marshmallow in between a gram cracker and chocolate and handing it to Adrien.

"Mostly Audreys, she gets very busy during the summer since that's when she gets the most inspiration," Adrien mocked a fashionista personality as he grabbed the s'more. Marinette chuckled as she stuffed her s'more into her mouth. Marshmallow smeared over her mouth and gram cracker crumbs fell onto the ground. Both giggled at their messy faces before using a wet wipe, courtesy of Marinette, to wash off the sticky goodness.

As the fire died down, Alya was asleep on Nino's shoulder, while Nino insisted on waiting until the fire completely went out to go inside. "I'm cold," Marinette muttered to herself as she pulled her legs in closer under the blanket.