~How Did I Even Get Here?~

A yawn was heard with the morning sun, slowly rising up. His emerald eyes reflected the soft light, making him realize where he was. He then noticed he wasn't alone. He was with another person; calmly resting next to him. 

The person had dark violet hair, uncontrollably messy, causing him to hide his eyes. He had black smudging under his eyes. Black did fit him. More than myself, he thought. He liked his own hair, he kinda liked the way his eyes and hair combined. Then, he finally found what's wrong. It wasn't his own house, that should explain the confusion. He started remembering, last night he was invited by someone to the person's house for a few glasses of wine. But who was it? He tried to remember. A little piece of evidence maybe?

Perhaps, an investigation would help. He chuckled to himself. This could be fun! He started walking towards the library, the one the person had. He saw a book, it sure was old, judging by the cover. Another memory. The person believed in not judging people, books, emotions by their covers. A little ironic, huh? God, was he this drunk last night? He tried to focus on his "job", but ended up wandering for a little too much, causing the person some discomfort. The mentioned woke up, letting out a small yawn, just like the detective who had waken up before him.

P.O.V: Switched to Ranpo, first person.

-Eh? What is happening? I was a little startled; maybe I broke into his house? It wasn't like I had all of my memories clean or something! However, the person gave a tired smile, probably directed towards me. Curiosity got the best of me, I asked his name, trying to keep calm and preferably quiet, just in case someone else was in the house. He looked a little confused. Ah. Maybe he didn't know me at all. He then laughed. A laugh that coincidentally matched the sunlight, a beam of sunlight that gave the room a little more atmosphere. That laugh made me feel something I've never felt before. It was, warmth? As a person, I was pretty positive and a little childish as people called me; but these feelings were still new. Then I remembered. That person was an author, a famous one. First name? I think it was Edgar. Aha! Now I got it! A marvelous detective like me could never make mistakes, let me blame it on the drinks. Sums it up. The person answered, his voice being a little hazy from hints of alcohol remained in his bloodstream.

-Poe. Edgar Allan Poe. But Japanese culture restrains me from saying all of my names. So I go with Poe. You know? Last name basis. But anything's fine with me if its you, Ranpo-Kun.-

Here was my answer. I get it now. Jeez, what kind of non-existent alcohol tolerance do I even possess? I probably collapsed after a few drinks, considering my current state. With a short sigh I realized once again that the person was the one I lived with. Even more confused, I started walking around. The person said he will be making some tea, it would help with the headache. I followed him to the kitchen. He had a small apartment, vintage and old looking. It felt real and nostalgic. Like my childhood, but I can't remember it too. (Poe doesn't have the mansion here, I decided to go with a small, cozy apartment because of the atmosphere. Some fluff approaching. Nyahaha~ Enjoy!)

Poe's P.O.V:

Guess we drank too much last night, he doesn't even remember properly. It made me a little sad though. We made a promise, I hope he didn't forget. Christmas is going to be here soon. I check the calendar, 27th of December. It sure is close. I inhale slowly to ask if Ranpo-Kun wants some tea but I was interrupted by my beloved Karl. The racoon jumped on my shoulders, muffling any sound I'm trying to make with his tail. "Kh-Mmph." I was about to sneeze, gosh why is he this fluffy? I finally managed to ask Ranpo-Kun if I should bring some tea for him when I get mine. He replied with a cheerful smile, pretty expected since it was him, Edogawa Ranpo, best detective in store. Probably the most childish available, I shall note. I'll be taking that as a yes, I thought, while I started pouring the water in the kettle to boil it. He stood behind me with eyes peeled shut. I never questioned this act of his, but I assumed it was an old habit. I started mumbling some song I've heard in the radio a few days ago.

(Insert Sweater Weather because I'm crying again)

I don't know how but this song has always made me a bit sad. I was never used to physical contact. I probably won't be used to it for a good amount of time. It was just some random song. No need for me to worry. I gasped when I felt arms wrap on my waist. I was not expecting this. I was still waiting for the kettle when I felt something heavy on my shoulder. I knew it wasn't Karl. I was uncomfortable, but it made me feel safe since I wasn't going to be embarrassed or blamed, considering I didn't even do anything. I kept waiting with Ranpo-Kun's head resting on my shoulder. I guess he had his memories back, I'm not a person who has self confidence, I hope he still remembers I'm not good with these.

Back to Ranpo: "I know what you're thinking, Poe-Kun. I know what I'm doing aswell. I just wanted to be a little closer to you." Awkward. He remained quiet, I could feel him getting red. He says "Okay I G-guess..." He wasn't used to having me around this much. And that stutter? Oh man, he got rid of it a long time ago, didn't he? And we were alone, except Karl. I should admit I sometimes get jealous of a racoon for being this close to him, but I keep it hidden. For the greater good. I watched as he poured the hot water before he puts in the little tea bags. He paused before putting mine in. "Which one would you prefer?" I looked over his shoulder, still resting my hands on him. "Anything's fine." I said. "At least I get to be with you."

He dropped the kettle on the floor.

Hey! Nyoom here. I will keep uploading chapters. I'm trying to keep all of their word counts over at least a thousand. This is my first fanfiction and I'm not English, Please inform me if you find any mistakes, it's important for me. I'm only writing behind my online classes, it takes a day or two for each chapter. I started spending like 6 hours each day here, on Wattpad. Reading and writing. I really hope people read this. God; it means a lot. I don't know, please tell me what you think through the comments. That'll mean a lot. I also got a kitten, so no sleep for me most of time. Suki says hi to you all!

Song Recommendations: "The Lost One's Weeping" By Neru feat. Kagamine Rin, Rolling Girl By Hatsune Miku and Sweater Weather By The Neighborhood (Also Bring It On by Giga feat. Kagamine Rin and Kagamine Len.) Shhh Vocaloid Phase

-I have interesting taste when it comes to music.  Word Count: 1286