~Alright?~

(1337 Words)

Ranpo's P.O.V Crap, what am I going to do? There is boiling water everywhere! The only thing to do was to push him away from the kitchen area. So I did it. I pushed him with all my might and made him fall. Uh oh. That wasn't a bright idea. We were now on the floor. That's when I realized I was on top of him. And the worst thing was I was a little too close to his face. He let out a small yelp, making me finally aware of the situation. This looked wrong. Very wrong.

Then he said something I've never expected him to say: "Thank you." I could see his face. He looked like he was going to pass out. I felt my arms grow tired of lifting my weight, I was trying to prevent myself from touching him accidentally. I could say I failed. "Ah!" I fell on top of him, but this time this looked worse. God, I messed up. "Sorry!" "My arms don't like me anymore!" I was dangerously close this time. He turned his head to the left. "K-kh!" Now the scene was the worst it could possibly be, we looked like we were about to scream. Both of our eyes widened. Fuck. This ruined my chances with him. I couldn't even apologize.

He muttered, "R-Ranpo-Kun...Mind getting off me?" I flinched backwards, started apologizing and saying pointless stuff. "Shit, Poe-Kun I'm sorry-I should've been more careful not to embarrass you..! I know you're not good with these things!" He turned his head away from me, trying to avoid eye contact. "It's okay. I was the one who was supposed to be more careful..." I insisted, "At least let me make it up to you." He refused, "No, no. It's alright, don't worry about it!" Of course I wasn't going to leave it like this. I crawled back to him, my eyes open. I invaded his privacy once again, a smirk on my face. "Listen to me for once." He was quite shocked, I should note. "I might be the best detective in the whole world but this doesn't mean you should separate me from others when we're alone. I am human too. I will naturally feel the urge to correct my mistakes." (Sorry Karl I will get you someone too no offends) I shut my eyes again to avoid embarrassing myself. Then backed away, again and for the last time.

Third Person's P.O.V:

The room was silent. Neither of them dared to say a word. Both of them aware of the fact they ruined everything in 15 minutes. In a goddamn kitchen. Yes, a kitchen. The author is suffering. The black haired madlad went to find somewhere comfortable. He earned the title himself. You should be proud Ranpo.

He noticed the only small and quiet place available was the bathroom. He never was a fan of small spaces but that could do. At least for now. He sat down it the corner, his back facing the walls. He pulled out whatever candy he had in any of his pockets. He ended up in a apple flavored lollipop and a caramel candy bar. Better than nothing. While he was trying to decide which one he would go first with, he heard a few small knocks on the bathroom door. He laughed a little sadly ,"Come in, I couldn't care less.~" The pale violet bangs appeared at the door frame. "If you meant it as a date, maybe we should try doing something more simple first, like shopping. Grocery shopping."

My name is Ranpo Edogawa and you're watching Disney Channel: Eh? What?- Did he just say date? Oh lord the forbidden word. Did he mean it? Does he think of me as someone somewhat special?

I felt something weird, people don't like me most of the time because of my behaviors, I feel excited for a second but I can be extremely angry a second after. I don't know why this person is even talking to me. But I am the best of the best, the best detective in the whole world! Me? Getting excited? Nonsense!~ "Are you, perhaps, asking me on a date?", I smiled. Seeing him scared is nothing rare, but it still pleased me. I made sure to carve the scene in my mind before thinking of a compliment I could give him, rather than a heart attack. Before I could say anything, he gave me an awkward thumbs up. "I guess we're settled for today! W-would 19:00 be alright?" I jumped to give him a hug, something I do most of the time. "Okay then!~Whatever you say!"

He let out a sigh behind his laugh while trying to hug back.

Time skip to 18:00 (Brought to you by An Hour of Shreksophone)

After ruffling my hair a little bit, I take a look in the mirror. It was just my usual clothes but something felt different. I've never been on a date in my life. I'm 26 for heaven's sake. Well anyway, I'm smarter than nearly ever human being out there so I simply assume nothing will go wrong. "I shall not fail again!" I exclaim. Was that too loud? Oh no. Thank god I had no neighbors! Grabbing my hat, I rush at Poe-Kun's house. Not too far away but I get exhausted when I run too much without taking any breaks.

Climbing the stairs, I catch my breath on the doormat, remembering the raccoon we drew on it last spring. But now, it was December, Christmas taunting us, just a few days ahead. It still feels weird, except the Armed Detective Agency, I don't spend time with a lot of people, this is maybe the best thing this year has brought. Oh, and this feeling, I shall add. It's pretty new for me, even with my intelligence, I couldn't understand what is wrong with me. Well, that's not the case for now. I need to focus on the door if it opens, otherwise, I just get lost in thoughts.

Poe-Kun's P.O.V: "Karl!" I called for the raccoon, the reason for my constant sneezes. Where are you for heaven's sake?! I exhale quietly. "Guess we'll go without you." I guess he was jealous of me for going out with someone. I really needed to leave. "I'm leaving now if you'd excuse me!" Of course that worked, seconds later I heard the racoon running at me, unsurprisingly angry. He jumped on my shoulders and growled. "That was expected?" "Oh well." I doubted there would be an answer anyway, he is a raccoon after all. I check my pocket watch, 6:45. I knew it was afternoon. I open the door with the huge ball of fur hanging off my shoulders. "Here goes nothing." Opening the door, just to face a certain detective friend of mine, furiously sniffling the door. "What are you exactly doing?" I ask, trying to swallow the situation's awkwardness.

-''I'm checking for thieves, isn't it obvious?" -"What?"

Alright. That was far beyond normal but I'm simply going to ignore it.

"Let's go? Also it would be better if you stopped-"