6

Jimin carded his fingers through Taehyung's hair, the boy's head in his lap, as they waited for the kid lying still in the hospital bed to wake up.

Taehyung couldn't look at him. Couldn't look at his bandaged arms, couldn't stand how the white cloth practically melted into his pale skin. Hated how purple bruises and bones were peaking out of his hospital gown. He was so thin, too thin, nothing but flesh stretched too far.

"He's being abused...isn't he?" Taehyung whispered into the heavy silence, to his boyfriend who's hand suddenly stilled.

"Yeah...it's obvious."

It was obvious. From their first encounter with Jungkook it was obvious something was wrong. Except the kid was a stranger, they were all strangers, yet here they were. Gathered in a hospital room, crying over a boy they barely knew. A boy they had not once but twice, stopped from leaving this world.

"I walked him home today, I allowed him to go back to that...that place."

Hearing those words, Taehyung sat up in his chair to face Jimin. "Stop, there's no way you would've known, we're not even sure that's what's happening."

Tears gathered in Jimin's eyes and he wiped at them with his sleeve. "Of course it's what's happening."

Before Taehyung could respond, the lump of pale skin and bandages shifted, and a soft groan left his parted lips. They both sat forward, at the edges of their seats, as they watched Jungkook's eyes flutter open.

Precious, was the first word that came to Taehyung's mind. The boy looked absolutely precious, like a baby deer gazing at its surroundings before stumbling to life. Sure enough those doe eyes landed on them and his brows furrowed, confusion in the creases of his expression.

"Hi Jungkook, do you remember us?" Taehyung whispered to not startle him.

Jungkook blinked, slowly, then nodded. "Mmhm...you're Taehyung...and...and that's Jimin."

Jungkook's voice was raspy from the anesthesia, somehow adding to his image of childlike innocence.

The older boys both nodded, soft smiles spread across their features. "Yeah that's right, and do you know where you are?" Jimin pushed.

Jungkook's glassy eyes darted around the room before coming to stop at his bandaged arms lying on the sheets. Taehyung couldn't breath, terrified of the boy's reaction to not only being hospitalized but surviving yet another suicide attempt.

Knuckles rapped on the door and the boys jumped, except for Jungkook. Taehyung turned to the door to see a doctor poking his head into the room, a file in his hand.

"Hello, is this Jeon Jungkook's room?" The man asked.

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook to see him still focused on his arms. Brows furrowed and chest beginning to heave. "Yes it is and you are?" He answered for the younger.

"I'm doctor Han, could I please speak to the both of you privately?"

Taehyung nodded and reached for Jimin's hand but the pink haired boy stopped him.

"What? What's wrong?" Taehyung whispered.

Jimin stole a glance at Jungkook then back at Taehyung. "I think someone should stay with him, just in case."

"Okay, good idea, I'll be right back then." Taehyung stood and followed Dr. Han into the cold hall, making sure to close the door behind them.

Dr. Han opened the file in his hand and that's when Taehyung realized just how thick it was. There were papers, charts, graphs, so much stuff that Taehyung couldn't understand yet had a sinking suspicion it was all negative. How could it not be, just looking at the boy gave you a glimpse of the horrible reality he silently suffered in.