7

A week passed and Zack's happiness remained unchanged. Tess was still busy with something that she didn't tell to any of them whilst Alisa on the other hand seemed to get sadder. Her dreams consisted of everything and anything but the Night King. She told no one but Caddie who had no answer to give.

"Well, they agreed." Zack told Tess.

"They did?"

"Yes, since he seems to have gotten attached to me they thought it wouldn't be bad if he met the people I'm always talking about. It helps that it's just you two is what they said," Zack said happily, he felt a bit proud too.

"That's somehow offensive," Tess arched a brow.

"I know. Well I think you should be cleared for this Sunday."

"That's great, Lis will be ecstatic!" Tess hugged Zack.

"Of course she will," Zack smiled.

"Why don't we surprise her?"

"Like just suddenly take her there?"

"Yeah just like that!"

"I think that's a great idea!"

"Let's do it."
~*~
Friday night, Alisa went to sleep having skipped dinner, nothing Tess or Zack said could get her to eat. It was then that they'd noticed her behaviour. They discussed it and thought that maybe the nightmares returned.

Alisa gazed out the window while laying on her bed. She thought and tried to come up with reasons why she could now dream but not see King. Her thoughts stayed along that path till at some point she kept wishing that she'd go to the night world. Unable to come up with an answer as to why she couldn't see king and whether her wish would be granted, Alisa fell asleep with a heavy heart and a tear drenched face.

She found herself wandering through familiar darkness. She looked around this time, without crying about it being too dark. Rather she walked while shouting for King.

Then just like the first time, stars slowly appeared, scattering across the darkness. They became brighter and brighter and some swirled and gathered to form a person.

"It's been a while Alisa," King smiled at her.

"King?" She ran and hugged him. Tears, once again, streaming down her face. "Where were you? I missed you! I called and called but you didn't answer!"

"Was it dark?" He asked.

"No but that's not it!" She cried. "You weren't there!"

"It's okay," he patted her head, "I'm here now, aren't I?"

"Mmhm," she nodded and sniffled.

"Be a good girl and stop crying, okay?"

"Are you going to leave again?" She pulled away and looked up at him.

He looked around before looking down at her again. "Seems so." The darkness that had always been at a distance, hidden behind the stars had grown and encroached on this place. The numerous stars had dwindled in number and the sea that swirled at the edge was long gone, swallowed up by the darkness.

"Don't go!" Alisa hugged him again and cried more.

"Alisa," he squatted and held her hands. "You've grown up a whole lot now. And you said it wasn't dark so you don't need me or the Night world anymore."

"But...But..."

"No arguments. You're a big girl who can dream now. It's time for me to go," even though he said this with a smile he still looked sad.