Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I didn't know where to go, so I just went to our usual spot in Mount Cabuyao.

"Akala ko ba gutom ka?" she asked after she unbuckled her seatbelt. Hanggang ngayon, hindi pa rin ako tinitingnan. "Anong kakainin natin dito, damo?"

I know that laughing in this kind of situation is wrong but I couldn't help it. This little woman doesn't know how to say serious words in serious times. Sa tuwing seryoso kami, lagi na lang akong natatawa sa mga sinasabi niya. I stopped laughing when she glared at me.

"Okay naman ako. I can just eat later after we talk. Nag-drive thru naman ako noong nasa Pangasinan na ako."

She rolled her eyes at me before crossing her arms in front of her again.

"What brings you here? Wala sa usapan natin 'to."

Wala rin sa usapan natin na hindi mo sasabihin sa akin ang mga kinagagalit mo, Ruby."

I saw her throat moved so I realized that she's tensed.

"I told you I am busy studying. Hindi ako galit."

"Sa itsura mo ngayon, hindi ka galit?"

"Oo!" sigaw niya na nakapagpagulat sa akin bago ako hinarap nang may mas galit pang mukha. "Ano, pangit na ba ako sa paningin mo ngayon, ha?!"

I chuckled as I touched her face. She slapped my hand. "Chill, baby. You're still the most gorgeous to me."

She scoffed before she looked outside again. "Baka si Anna?" she whispered.

I chuckled inside. Is she jealous because I helped Anna to be hired in the company I am working? But that was just a token of friendship. I didn't feel the same way anymore when I had a coffee with her.

"Anna is the most gorgeous woman in George's eyes. Ruby is the most gorgeous in mine."

She scoffed again, making me chuckled. She glared at me for that. "Bakit ba tawa ka nang tawa? Pumunta ka ba rito para pagtawanan ako?" Umiling ako bago kinuha ang kamay niya. "Don't touch me!"

"Baby, tell me what's our problem."

"Wala nga!"

"Scarlett Ruby..."

She faced me furiously. "I said I don't have a problem if you liked Anna for years! I don't have a problem! Walang problema sa akin na baka ginagawa mo na akong rebound kaya pwede bang tumahimik ka na at umuwi ka na sa inyo!?" dire-diretsong sabi niya gamit ang malakas na boses. "Now, drive me home!"

I smirked. Who told her? Did Anna tell her? Or did George? I don't care who told her about that but seeing her furious at me right now just because of the past makes me happy a little. I mean, I don't like it when someone's jealous from the past but why does it matter to me now that it's Ruby?

"Are you jealous?"

"Fuck, no! Bakit ako magseselos?!" muli siyang umirap sa akin. "She's my cousin's girlfriend kaya bakit ako magseselos?!"

"So, bakit ka nga nagseselos?" she looked at me, confused. "She's your cousin's girlfriend already. Bakit ka pa magseselos? She's been committed for seven years—"

She scoffed. "Alam na alam!"

I laughed before taking her hand again. I intertwined our fingers so that she can't escape my hand anymore. "I just liked her back when I attended a seminar for architects. She's pretty—"

"I know!"

"And you know," I laughed again. Damn, Ruby. If only you know how turned on I am right now. "But that thing was just infatuation. I just liked her in the past—not now, not few months ago, and not tomorrow anymore. It is you I am in love with."