Chapter 28

I think Charlie is my soulmate.

Charlie's P.O.V

April 2014

Luke & I had a short time apart before they were back in L.A for the Stars, Stripes & Maple Syrup tour.

Luke had two days in L.A before he had to head to San Francisco for the opening show but the good news was that L.A was their second stop. It was just a lot of travelling...but hey, that's a tour.

His first night back with me, Luke & I spent the time together at my house & since I had school the next day, he was just going to leave late at night.

As happy as I was to be back with Luke, I had something else on my mind & I think he could tell.

"Charlie, come sit with me." He took a seat on the edge of my bed & he opened his arms before I walked over as I sat on his lap. "Are you okay today?"

"What do you mean?"

"You seem a little down today. What are you thinking about?"

"Is it noticeable?"

"Well yea, you're not as smiley as usual. What's up? Do you want to talk?"

"Tomorrow is my dad's birthday."

"Awh, sweetheart."

"It just makes me a little sad, that's all. Their birthday's, holidays & the anniversary of the accident are all just sad days for me."

"I'm glad I'm here for that then. You know that I'm here for you."

"Yea. Thanks Luke." I paused. "Uhm tomorrow I'm probably gonna go to their graves. I know cemetaries are weird for some people so you don't have to come but you can if you want."

"Do you want me to come?" He then asked me as he was spinning the pinky ring he gave me around my finger.

"It's up to you. I'd love if you could but I won't make you if it's weird for you. I was just going to stop by after school, bring my dad flowers & everything."

"I'd love to come."

"Okay." He pulled me in tighter as he kissed me. "I'll be there."

"Thanks babe."

-

The next afternoon, I stopped by the guys hotel to say hi to the other three before Luke came with me & I drove us to the cemetary my parents were burried in.

I just like to visit them on their birthdays & the anniversary of their death just to pay my respects. I bring flowers & just think about them for a bit while there. It's something that helps me so I don't care if others find this weird. 

"Alright, it's in this area." I held Luke's hand & I let him to their burrial plots. They had just a simple headstone, nothing too large, but it was a joined one with both of their names on it. They were obviously burried right next to each other, as they should be.

I kneeled down & I said a little prayer before I laid the flowers out. I then sat in front of the headstone as Luke stood behind me.

"You can sit on my dad." I told Luke. "Sorry, inappropriate joke." Some people might find my humor uncomfortable but that's how I deal with it. Luke just rolled his eyes at me before sitting next to me. "So meet my parents. My dad would have been 49 this year."

"Next year's the big 5-0." Luke smiled. "You better celebrate."

"Oh, I will."

"So what do you when you come here?"