《33》The Trip - Part 1.

"Mum for the hundredth time now I did not forget anything!" I groaned whole rubbing my temples.

"Well honey you can never be too sure because you going to be away from home for one whole week darling, that's seven whole days and that's one hundred and sixty eight hours and that's--"

"Okay, okay I get it Mom that's a long time, can't you go check on your other daughter now?" I try to persuade her to go away because she's been at this for about 3 hours now.

You might be confused as to what's going on am I right? Well. Let me explain, after the little drama that happened in the parking lot after school today I reminded the boys that I needed to pack my stuff for the trip so their interrogation on Hunter and I's relationship was cut short. God. That sounds so weird saying because I don't even know what relationship we have because we've just kissed multiple times but he never officially ask me out but let's not get our head wrapped around this coz I for sure will go mad thinking about it. Anyways after that I drove back home started packing until my mother deary Decided to scan each and everything I packed or didn't pack and that is how we ended up having this conversation.

"Shit" my mother cursed under her breath " I forgot your sister's going too!" and with that she was out my room. 

Thank God.

...

I make my way down stairs with my bags in my hands, Rose is already waiting there with Mum and Dad in front of her. Once they acknowledged that I'm there Roseanne had a smug expression and mouthed from behind Mum and Dad "Good Luck" and she was out the door leaving me to face what ever drama my parents have cooked up this time. Absolutely Wonderful. ( Note the sarcasm )

They both wear an unreadable expression, allowing the silence to hover for a moment until Mum outstretched her hand giving me a small box. She gestures me to take the box and open it, while dad just stands there uncomfortably. I stare at them in utter puzzlement before taking the box from her hand and opening it.

My eyes widens and I swear I almost choked on air upon analysing the object that was inside the box.

A box of condoms!

My mouth widens as I'm unable to utter a word and my brain still trying to process what the hell just happened.

My dad still avoids my gaze while my mum speaks "Julianne sweetheart we know you're responsible enough but you going to be away from home for a week with us not being there to supervise you and we just want you to be safe especially at this time of age when you have all these teenage hormones running wild."

Oh Lord, how did this turn so awkward so damn fast?

Like my parents never had discussed anything about my sexual life, hell who am I kidding I don't even have a sexual life! But they have never initiated the 'Talk' until now. It's astonishing really that they having this conversation and to addition even allowing me to do those things. Pfft like I'd really do it but anyways.

"Thanks", is all I can manage to say hoping some how I could be saved from this awkward conversation.

My dad audibly clears his throat while still feeling uncomfortable about this whole situation and exits completely confirming that this discussion is over, mum says her goodbyes and trails behind him.

What the fuck just happened?

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear a car hooter making me realise that Hunter arrived, not knowing what to do with the box of safety in my hands I quickly shove it into any random compartment in my bag and head outside towards his car.