1 | Wondering

From an outside perspective

Adrien Agreste was tired. There was no doubt about that, no ambiguity at all.

He was tired, and you could see it. You could see it in his hollow cheeks, his weary eyes, his pathetic hand gestures that used to be so vibrant. You could see it in the way he dressed, sullen and sad, as if he was questioning his purpose in life.

In truth, he was. He wondered why he was here, what he was doing. It seemed to him like he was just wasting his time.

What was he adding to the world?

He'd traveled abroad - England to be exact - and he was in Sixth Form (Year 13 to be exact, about to take his A-levels) studying to become a clinical psychologist, or a therapist. He laughed bitterly at the thought of that. How could he help others solve their problems if he couldn't even help himself? What a laugh.

"You're taking too much time, Adrien! We need to go!"

Ah, that would be his loving boyfriend, Luka Couffaine, complaining once again about how he took too much time in the bathroom. It couldn't be helped, Adrien guessed.

Adrien was the opposite of Luka in all aspects. Whilst Adrien tended to worry about things, Luka did not. Adrien majored in Psychology, and minored in German and Physics, whereas Luka majored in Music and minored in French (what a cop-out) and Art. Just by the subjects they took, everyone could see the clear difference between them, and yet they seemed to be so compatible.

Adrien finally finished getting dressed. The moment he opened the door, Luka grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him out to the car. Adrien couldn't help but wonder if  Luka was gripping his wrist a little too hard.

His suspicions were proved true when they finally got to school and Adrien could see an angry red ring forming around his left wrist. He didn't say anything to Luka. He just waved goodbye, and Luka waved back.

Whilst his left wrist was red, his right was much worse. It was turning from red to a sort of purple. You see, Luka grabbed onto Adrien's wrists quite often, and it was usually his right wrist. He wrapped both wrists in the bandages he always brought with him. Pfft. Like that would do anything to fix his broken relationship.

A/N: expect the shortest chapters possible fam😉