TWENTY NINE

As a result of last night, Lucy and I woke up quite late. This meaning about 10am. We got some fruit from the food court for breakfast just like yesterday and I had a coffee to make myself feel a bit better, Lucy stuck to orange juice. A day of sun and messing around in the pool has led me to have a slightly burned face but a decent starting tan on my body. Lucy spends more time tanning than me so she's already darker than me, whilst doing absolutely nothing today, we sat a bet of who can get darker. Whoever loses will take the other one on the date. AKA I'll be taking Lucy on a date.

Anyway, right now it is currently 5pm and we are just getting ready in the room. She doesn't even know where we are going. I just told her that I am taking her out tonight and that she needs to be ready by 6:00 at the latest.

I'm getting ready in the bathroom right now. I've just finished doing my hair. I've straightened it and I'm leaving it down. I have a cute little black dress on with some black strappy heels and I'm really happy with how I look. I apply a layer of clear lip gloss, take a look in the mirror and then go to leave the room. I notice that Lucy is sat on the balcony waiting. To finish completely, I spray a couple squirts of perfume and I'm good to go. I walk out to Lucy and when she turns around, her eyes go up and down my body and then finally meet mine. Her green eyes are locked onto my blue ones for a moment before I examine her outfit. A black t-shirt hugs her body in the right way until it is tucked into her grey fitted trousers that are held in place by a black belt. White shoes finish the outfit off, and rings are on her finger to jazz the whole thing up. Her dark hair is up in a tight, low bun and her glasses are rested on her face. To fully complete her look, her dazzling smile is plastered on her face. My eyes are back on hers and we are both smiling like crazy.

I walk up to this beautiful woman in front of me and kiss her on the cheek.

"You look amazing." As I am close to her, I can smell her perfume. Usually, she smells of the vanilla body spray that she uses but today she smells of a floral perfume. I must remember to ask her what that is later.

"Why thank you... I was going to say the same thing about you. You never wear clothes like this." I come to realise that nobody sees me like this. Usually, I'm in my training kit or I'm in shorts and a t-shirt.

"Yeah, I thought I would switch it up a bit tonight. Do you want to head out?" I look down at my watch noticing that it reads 17:55. She hums a yes and kisses me on the lips. We walk out of the hotel room, lock the door and take a steady walk to town.

Hand in hand, we reach the town and eventually get to the long road we got to the other day. Whilst walking down the street, we look at some of the restaurants and their menus, deciding whether we want to go there or not. We reach this small restaurant with nothing but candle lighting. We take a look at the menu and instantly look at each other. We wait at the door until we are escorted to a table by a kind looking man. To my surprise, he is English. He sits us at a table and gives us a menu each. He tells us he'll be back in a few minutes to take our drink order and our food if we know what we want. We thank him and he goes off somewhere. Lucy and I fall into a conversation, but we are interrupted by the man minutes later when he comes back, as promised. I order a red wine and Lucy just asks for the bottle and 2 glasses. Again, the man leaves but not a moment later, he comes back with the wine and the two glasses. He pours the first glasses and smiles, directly at me.

"Are you ready to order?" We have both been looking at the menu between our conversation and made a decision.

We tell him what we want and without hesitation, he goes to the kitchen to prepare our food. Lucy gets a tomato pasta dish and I get a carbonara without pepper though.

The food arrives about 15 minutes later and it looks so good. The waiter leaves after smiling directly at me again. Lucy hasn't seemed to pick up on this. Conversation flows throughout the meal and I honestly feel so comfortable around her. I've really enjoyed my night and I hope Lucy has too. We have just finished the bottle of wine and we've decided to go back to the hotel for drinks.

The waiter comes back with the bill and I take it off him since I am taking Lucy out and I'm paying. Before he leaves this time, he winks at me and smiles at Lucy. This gesture makes me slightly uncomfortable and makes me shift in my seat. I open the small leather folder and look down the bill, I circle the tip I want to give and go to get the money out of my wallet. Before closing the bill, I notice that there's a message at the bottom. It's the waiter's number. I turn the bill around and show Lucy and she's shocked and doesn't look too pleased about it. Trying not to show jealousy but failing miserably, she laughs and passes it back to me. I place the money in the folder, right after I write a message back to him. Lucy watches what I put back and smiles at me. The message read "-Sorry I have a girlfriend".

After I close the booklet, Lucy leans over the table and kissed me softly on the lips. As she pulls away, she looks to the side and giggles a little, I follow her gaze and see the waiter looking a little sad and surprised. We leave the restaurant and walk back up the street and back to the hotel.

When we get back, go straight to the bar and order. I get an apricot liquor and lemonade whilst Lucy gets a beer. We talk about random things until earlier comes up.

"He honestly made me quite uncomfortable. He didn't even know me, and he was trying to flirt with me. How did you not notice?" I talk about the waiter.

"I wasn't really paying attention to him unless he was talking to me directly." She drinks the rest of her drink and then asks for another. One for her and then one for me too. "Other than him, did you enjoy your night?"

I nod, " yeah. It was really nice. Thank you for coming out with me."

"Thank you for taking me out. Oh, by the way, you have a girlfriend?" Oh shit....