CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7

THIRD PERSON POV

"I drive like Russian to get away from Russian." Olympia defends as what's left of her car slowly rolls to a stop in front of the three-story mansion right outside of Virginia. 

Victor sits perfectly still in the backseat, a small bloody gash on his forehead accompanied by fearful wide eyes. He might have been in shock. Why she didn't know, it's not like someone throwing a grenade at your door and the door flying off would be that traumatizing. She'd experienced much worse things if she was being honest. 

Nathan's eyes were also wide, and similarly to Victor, he sat perfectly still, though he was clutching the "oh shit" handle like his life depended on it. The entire windshield was blown out, and a part of the bumper was hanging in the wide-open hole, it had nearly decapitated all three of the front seat riders. Vomit caked to his hair and dripping down his back from the countless times that Gabriel had thrown up, and blood coated the outside of his window from the Russian motorcycle rider who had actually been decapitated by the other part of the bumper. 

Gabriel had yet to stop his cussing mantra in the backseat, Olympia assumed it was the only reason he was still awake, but she didn't understand half the insults he was throwing out. Especially because he was stuck in French mode. She was actually positive that he was in shock. But besides a bit of brain matter on his window and an eyeball that had got caught on the glass somehow his side was untouched. She didn't want him getting any more injured, after all, he was on her favorite on the Lee team. Along with North and the remaining members of the car. 

North had literally attached himself to her, his arm hadn't moved from off her small baby bump, and he had kept her perfectly steady the entire time. No matter how many things they flew over, what they hit, or who they hit, she hadn't moved more than a centimeter. More than once he had twisted her slightly to prevent her from getting hit, and after he finally got over his angry bear moment and realized just how right she had been about how serious the group they were running from was, he had begun relaying directions and instructions from Nathan and Victor to her. 

"You're never touching another vehicle in your entire life." North grinds out, letting out a slight sigh of relief as she put the car in park. 

Said car seemed to sag inwards, loud pops and bangs being heard and something huge fell out from underneath it. After further inspection, Olympia declared it was indeed a body that had somehow gotten stuck under them. Or half a body, seeing as only the legs were present. 

"You sound like Owen, whining about my driving." She mumbles, rolling her eyes as she slowly looks around the outside of the mansion they had pulled up in. Thankfully they had been the first ones here, meaning that she could slip into the panic room in the basement and hideout until Owen forgot that she went with plan Blackbird despite him specifically telling her not to.