(3)

Oh my gosh.
Is this happening to me?

I pinched myself to check if it was real or not.

I know, I know.

Pretty childish of me but I couldn't help!!

Okay.

I was sitting on the bench as usual, writing my journal.

Correction: not my offline journal.
(We're prohibited from carrying phones at school so bummer, I had no choice but maintain a separate diary)

Also working on the essay by Miss Bates, our English class teacher.

It was a habit of mine to get things done beforehand especially English since I enjoyed it a lot.

All the students were spread across the school's wide and spacious grounds. They were either laughing, eating or studying together.

Except for me, who loves to stay alone.
Don't be mistaken. I'm not a total loner. Actually there are about ten people whom I can call friends. The problem is, we don't seem to get any closer which leads to the sole reason for me to avoid making new friendships.

I want people who can understand and accept me.

Even though it seems like all I do is keep fighting with my brother, I feel like he's the only one whom I've opened up to the most.

And got to show the real 'me'.

The one who hates rats, loves potatoes and adores her journal (yes, both of them).

Growing up, I was a hardcore emotional.
Whenever others made fun of my weight or my chubby face, I would take it very personally.

Never at that moment did I ever try to stand up for myself. Even if I did, I felt like the loser was bound to be always me. This is why I also hate taking sides.

Tap tap.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder from behind.

Another on my left.

Who could this be?

I turned back not expecting the person who stood there.

"N- Nick?!?"

Cringe.

I stuttered. That was such a lame side of mine whenever I got flustered or shy.

"Hi Audrey"
He greeted me with a smile.

"What are you doing here all alone?"

"Um I_ well, I was writing my_ uh journal? Uh_ _ yeah, I was writing my journal"

Gosh.

I am such a mess.

Nick chuckled.

He just freaking laughed. Of course he would. Who wouldn't laughed over a silly girl like me?

"Is there_ is something wrong?"

"No no pardon me, you looked really cute and all "

My cheeks burned like fire and my heart was doing this I don't know, rollercoaster thing.

"Oh well... um_

"Can I sit next to you?"

"Huh!?"

Okay now that sounded pathetic.

"I wanted to talk about that part you kept asking in Geography. You didn't seem to understand it"

Oh of course. He was the class president. And this was more like a mandatory thing he does for everyone. Then here I am, setting these hopes of grandoise.

"No no. It's fine, I don't need any help now"
I told him.

He nodded solemnly.

"Alright then.." he stood up "I better get going, are you really sure?"

Huh?

"What about?"

"That thing we just said now?"

Oh.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't worry. I got it all covered now!" I did a thumbs up to assure him.

He gave one of his another charming smiles before saying,

"Did you do something with your hair today? It looks pretty on you"

Oh my gosh.

He noticed.

I touched my hair a little.

He actually noticed that I put some black streaks over my already red ones.

From there on, I was in a state of shock, bewilderment, surprise and glee and all those shiny, glittery, fluttery things.

"Um_ thanks Nick" I managed to speak out.

"Most welcome, Audrey"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

After that, he bid a 'bye' and went jogging inside the hall.

Guess who sat there with a big goofy smile?

Thank you very much, you didn't need to point that out.

What matters most is, I can't believe that actually happened!!!!

Nick Lee.

He was like the epitome of both handsome and smartness altogether.

I developed a slight infatuation over him way back in eight grade. As the time passed, it developed into a huge obsession. But a very healthy one. Don't worry lol.

You should come read my old diaries sometime and see for yourself. Every single page were mostly about,.
"Omg Nick looks so great today" and a repeated chorus of "he smiled at me".

Did I do something good today that the heavens opened up and answered my prayers!?

Hmm..

That is a mystery.

🐨💜 Hi readers,

🦙💜 I know it's a very short chapter but I promise it'll get better

🐈💜 (Like people actually reads stuff
                 that I write 😌)
🌻💜
                 Anyways, I'm doing this for
🍮💜
                  Self improvisation and if, by chance, you came across this book,
🐯💜
           I know I suck terribly but please do read it once and let me know
🐰💜