Chapter two

Third-person Point Of View

                After the nightly mission. Tanjiro brought Zenitsu back to the Hashiras, joyous over the fact that he had seen Inosuke for the first time in 7 years. It's also the next day. 

                Mitsuri and Shinobu immediately came to help Tanjiro with Zenitsu's wounds," What happened?! Is he okay?! Shino! Shino! Shino! Tell me!!!" Mitsuri begged, clearly freaking out to Shinobu who was tending to the wounds along with Tanjiro, about to lose it completely with this woman," Quiet, Mitsuri. I'm trying to focus on healing him before he wakes up.." She explained while stitching up a scar on Zenitsu's jaw," Awh... But butterfly-" Mitsuri complained. Shinobu gave a striking glare to the Love Pillar, sending a shiver down her spine," Sorry.." Mitsuri looked down and folded her hands in front of her and walked out. Ever since Obanai rejected her, she had been pretty depressed. Well, that is, until she started getting close with Shinobu. It's been 4 years of having a crush on her, and still having not confessed. (Anygays, back to the actual ship.) Nearly after they had finished, Zenitsu woke up and sat upright," Inosuke? Wait... The Hashira medical ward..? TANJIROOOO!!!" The red-head jolted upwards from his sitting position on the floor," W-Wha!? What's wrong?!" Tanjiro scream, rushing over to Zenitsu. The blonde sighed," What happened to Inosuke yesterday.." He uttered softly. Tanjiro froze," You saw him too?" He questioned. Zenitsu rolled his neck and stood up from his seated position," Of course I did.. That's when I fainted, I didn't believe it was real until he spoke." Tanjiro tilted his head," What did he say?" That was when Giyuu walked in unnoticed. Zenitsu's breath hitched," He said... Zenitsu, Waterfall, North.. Then he was gone.." 

Inosuke's Point Of View {Short Perspective}

             " Weird.. I'm guessing he's trying to give directions to his location?" Gonpachiro assumed. Zen nodded before groaning," But why would he want to, let alone want me to know..? First he joins us then we defeated Muzan together! Right after we did! He left! Gone! Without a trace! And now he comes back for just a few minutes to have us meet him somewhere in a completely different location?!" And here I thought they'd love to see me come back.. Guess I was wrong. I kept peering through the window, listening to the argument between them," God.. Why did I even try.. We all know he still hates me.." I lifted myself off the ground and dusted my white kimono, a few hot tears concealing themselves in my eyes. Then I immediately headed off down the trail... North...

Tanjiro's Point Of View

              By now, it was Midnight. I sighed and watched Zenitsu as he stormed out of the ward and headed to bed. My waist was pulled backwards into a slight hug," Come on Tanjiro.. You've had enough for today.." It was Giyuu. I turned to face him," No.. What am I going to do..?" He lifted his head up and brought his hands to my shoulders," There's nothing you can do about this.. But if I were you, I'd go find Inosuke and bring him back.." Giyuu mumbled, taking my hand and leading me out," Zenitsu must come too! Or else Inosuke won't come with me-" Shinobu popped up in front of the sliding door and spoke in turn of me," Unless you tell Zenitsu that it's just a far away mission." I raised an eyebrow," But that would be a lie.." Shinobu paused, but kept her same face," Not if-" Giyuu and I cut her off," It's still a lie, Kocho." I walked past her and towards my room, taking off my earrings. As I was about to enter, I ran into a firm chest," Rengoku..? Can I get through please..?" I asked. Rengoku's worried expression disappeared and his eyebrows furrowed. He then smiled and patted my shoulder before walking away. I got changed and went to bed, laying flat and still. Staring at the ceiling," Lies... Lies... Lies..." My eyes closed slowly...

-

-

-

"Lies..? Maybe so... Do it for Zenitsu... Do it for what was meant to be..."