Camp Fire Stories

Quentin's POV

We reach the campfire.

I feel out of breath, but not sure why. I'm used to running a lot during matches. But this match, I didn't run at all. So there's only one reason for this feeling of exhaustion. The butterflies in my stomach. Actually, scratch that, the entire zoo.

He hugged me. He took the time to find me to simply have a conversation with me. Does he like me back? I mean, I apparently have immunity when it's him, and so does Meg.

I look around the campfire to see Dwight shivering with fear. Poor guy. Then my eyes wander to see David just glaring at me. Everyone else, is just mingling, having their own conversations, waiting patiently for the next match. We don't know who is next until preparation. It's a tough deal.

The thing about these matches is that we can all watch them. There is a projector, that's invisible somehow, but nothing shocks me at this point, and it shows the entire match, live.

I wonder why nobody is questioning last match then and my encounters with ghost face.

"We've got it working again" Felix yells. The projector turns on. Well that explains a lot. Guess I got lucky. But now I've gotta worry about future matches. What happens when I encounter ghost face again next time? Will they all see it? Will I lose their trust? I look around me and see 4 people missing. The match has started, and I'm not in it. Finally, a break.

I watch the screen as it shows 4 third person views. The entity lets us watch. I'm not sure if it's to set a message or to just keep us from getting bored. If it's option two, then damn, props to you for once entity.

Jake, Claudette, Ace, and Bill are the survivors this round. It looks like they are in The Mothers Dwelling realm. The rain and small cabin in the middle kinda give it away heh.

I watch the makeshift screen which is basically a giant sheet (somehow clean) with a nice quality projector that's invisible, show the third perspective of the coming victims.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, with no heartbeat, appears none other than ghost face on the screen. Specifically, in Ace's perspective. I watch Ace fall to the floor instantly. Guess the slash was that powerful.

The round went by extremely quick. Probably around 3 minutes. Nobody escaped. Legit, absolutely nobody. I couldn't help but admire ghost face. He wasn't anybody who abused his abilities. He simply played fair. Except when it came to Meg and I. We have safety, which isn't super fair to anybody else but oh well haha.

Jake, Claudette, Ace, and Bill returned back to the campfire.

"Holy shit" Jake said out of breath, holding onto his side. He clearly had a cramp.

"Rough time, huh?" Meg asked, looking over to him. He nodded, limping over to her to give her a hug. Jake and Meg are part of the original 4. They kept tight together. I don't get jealous of their bond. I feel like Meg is more a sister figure to me.

Suddenly, my vision goes dark. Slowly, I fade into the next match. It's Coal Tower. Ugh this map is so dark and I can't ever see anything. I slowly start walking around. I don't even know who I'm surviving with. If it's David, then I'm screwed cause he'll do anything to get the killers attention to me.

"Well... back to it" I mumble under my breath. I start walking silently. Maybe I should check the killers shack. I could get a useful item in the basement.

I look around, and in the distance, I see it. It's not farther than 30 feet. I start walking over to it, at a medium pace. I'm scared to alert the killer in anyway possible.

I make it to the shack, and the second I walk in, the floor creeks.

"Crap" I say. Suddenly, a pair of hands wrap around my mouth and pull me to the side. I can't scream, even though I want to, badly.

I start squirming.

"Shhh it's ok, it's only me" I hear a deep voice say behind me. Wait, Ghost face? Or as he said his name is, Jed?

I turn around and look at my kidnapper.

I see the white mask with the sorrow expression. I notice how much taller he is then me. He's probably 6'1 while I'm stuck at 5'9. I smile. I don't even know why. Maybe it's relief? Or maybe I just have fallen for him.

I hug him, tightly. Wait though, what about the campfire projector? Everyone will see.

"Jed, won't everyone see me hugging you with the projector?" I ask in panic. He's still a bit shocked at the sudden hug I have given him. He chuckles a bit.

"Entity has been doing me a solid and keeping it disable when it's us together in a match. Entity also has been setting me up with you. It's not a bad creature. It's forced into this life, so it does what it can. Plus, I'm one of its favorite killers" Jed says. I smile. I go back into the hug.

"What about everyone else? When they finish the generators, I'll have to leave" I say, frowning to myself.

"Oh yeah. Go in the basement and wait for me to come back. I won't be long. By the way, it's Felix, Dwight, and David in this round. So Meg won't be hurt" he says. Before I can say anything, he walks out of the shack. I smile to myself, and walk down into the basement.

——————

It's been about 10 minutes and I start hearing the stairs to the basement creek. I hide behind the corner, hoping it's Ghost face. I wait patiently, and then I see Jed walk out from the stairs. I smile and, walk out.

"All done" he says. I can tell he's happy. I smile too. Is that kind of sick of me to smile? Since they are my friends, well except for David.

"Can I see what you look like now? There's nobody here to risk seeing you. Pleaseeeeee" I beg. I really want to see him.

He sighs, looking down.

"Are you sure Quentin?" Jed says. I smile and start nodding.

"Ok" he says and takes off his hood. I can see his dark brown hair now. He starts undoing the strap on his mask, and then the mask is in his hand. He slowly pulls it down.

I can see in the dark, his bright blue eyes, and his shaggy dark hair that's not long, but like nose bridge length. He has a sharp jawline that's smooth, and a perfect chin. He has no facial hair, and surprisingly, one piercing on his left ear. An industrial piercing.

I can't help but stare in awe at him. He's hot... like mega hot.

"Heh thanks" he says, looking down. I go bright red.

"Did I just say that out loud" I ask, panicking a bit.

"Yes but don't worry... I think your cute too" he says, shoving his hands in his black jeans. I'm surprised his black and red poncho isn't in the way but it only reaches down to his waist. But none of that matters right now. He just called me cute.

"I'm not joking when I say that either" he says. I can't help but smile, and walk up to him. There's about a foot between us right now. I reach out and touch the mask in his hand. I can feel how tough it is, and it explains why it has never broke in the past. I look up to him slowly to see him blushing bright red.