Part 5: Fighting to Survive

19 March 1998:

James Pov:

The Engines immediately back up when the monster(Nia) swipe her mutated hand at where the engines was standing before. Benji(Military Commander) screamed, "FIRE!". The Railguns in front of Henry and Edward was focused on Nia and the soldiers quickly fired the ammunition at the monster. Nia howled in pain as the explosives hit her and explode, taking part of the engine along. The military kept firing but it look like it wasnt affecting the creature much. Edward could see that the explosives had burned Nia mutated face and her paintwork was now gone. The Monster stared at us, her eyes blazing with hatred and fury and this time, she retaliated. Her long mutated hand, with full force, knock the railgun in front of Henry off the rails and send it flying into a nearby shed and exploded. I could hear the cries of fear as survivors in the sheds was destroyed and incinerated. Nia laughed but screamed in pain as the remaining railgun fired at her. "Its not working!" Yelled Benji, "Get the fuel t-". Unfortunately the commander did not get to finish is order as Nia using her other hand, grabbed Benji and started squeezing the life out of the little body. I could hear the awful sound of bones breaking mixed with the bone chilling scream from the poor soul but sadly, no one can do anything. With one final hard crush from nia, the body exploded into nothing but blood and organs and guts sprayed everywhere, most of it landing on Nia face. She smirked and lick the disgusting red liquid off her face. "RUN!" Screamed one of the workmen as the rest followed but this only cause nia to focus on them. She let out a monstrous loud roar and leapt over us and landed on the workmen, crushing them, making the tracks and ground with crimson red blood. She then took one of the Narrow gauge engine, Rusty who was screaming of his flatbed and started smashing him over and over again on the ground. Her other hand grabbed one of the surviving workmen and with no mercy bit off his head, blood oozing out from his remaing body, it was a awful sight. We knew we have to act fast before she focus her attention on us. I glanced at my friends; Henry was speechless and was unable to move, Percy and Thomas was both beyond horrified of what they just seen and Edward was deep in thought. Suddenly, Edward exclaimed, "I got a plan!". Immediately we all pay close attention to edward. "Heres the plan, we can clearly see those explosions from the railgun are hurting her but it isnt enough". We glanced back and nodded as the monster was continually smashing poor rusty into piece, blood covering his entire face, with fear no one have ever seen before. Edward then gestered towards lines of fuel tankers in the sidings and explained, "If we all charged at the same time with the fuel tankers at Nia, there is no way she will survived". Seeing that there was no other way to defeat Nia, We swiftly coupled to the back of the fuel as our drivers will control us, the fireman is gonna be standing in front on our buffers and uncouple us from the train so we wouldnt be destroyed in the explosion. Edward had a look of determination on his face as he said, "Are you guys ready". We nodded. On the countdown of 3, 2, 1...we were charging straight towards nia, a speed that we havent gone before. Nia was too busy focusing on destroying the remains of rusty to focus on us but when she did, it was too late for her. Edward screamed, "GO TO HELL YOU SON OF A BITCH...NOW!". At once, our firemen uncouple us from the train as we watch the tankers continue rolling straight towards the monster at full speed. Nia had now noticed it but she cant do nothing, the tankers were coming from every single direction. We could see a look of fear on the creature face before the tankers slam into her causing the biggest explosion we have ever seen. The shockwave cause us and the remaining narrow gauge engines to flung off the rails and smashing into nearby buildings. Everything went dark afterwards and i couldnt remember what happened next......

I woke up groggy, my boiler in pain as i slowly regain my consciousness. I glanced around and saw i have been rerailed back onto the tracks, my boiler dented and crushed but not too bad. I found out that i had smashed into some trucks and passed out and now are on some flatbeds. I was glad to see my friends as well as the narrow gauge engines fine but in the same condition as i was. A group of soldiers had apparently heard the explosion and came across the vicarstown bridge to find the entire base destroyed and was shocked to see surviving humans and engines laying on the ground and a massive burning crater of what remained of Nia. The mess was soon cleared and the remains of Nia was taken to be scrapped. "Ah you are awake" said a all too familiar voice. I turned and found Lily, the fat controller daughter and also the railway's financial director staring at me with a smile and concern. "What happened" i asked. She explained, "You all managed to destroy the monster with a bunch of fuel tankers but that has cause all of you to receive significant damage but you will be fix back into working order". I nodded and ask a question curious, "Miss, may i ask? How did you survived?". Lily sighed and told, "I left sodor a few days ago for a meeting in london and when i return, the military men told me i cant and apparently sodor is in a lockdown and a zombie apocalypse had broke out. Of course, i didn't believe them until i saw a bunch of them getting blasted to their deaths". I glanced around and noticed that all of us surviving engines were on flatbeds but some of us were still unconscious...well basically only Thomas, Percy and the Narrow gauge engines. "What will happen to us now?" I asked, nervous. Lily smiled, "Dont worry, i managed to find a railway that still preserved steam engines not that far from here and they would be happy to take you all in. Just a matter of fact, the controller is a good friend of sir topham hatt and felt sorry when the infection broke out. You all will be going there, and the narrow gauge engines will go elsewhere". I sighed in relief, "I guessed its over". The financial director nodded, "Yep and dont worry, James. I have made arrangements to have all of you attend your friends funerals when you are mended". And with that she walked away to speak to the minister of defence that had came to witness the scene. Taking one last look of sodor, my old home, an faceless diesel set off towards the mainland with us on the flatbed. I looked back at Henry and Edward and could see they have the same expression as i have: Relief and couldnt wait to see what their new home would look like....

To be continued in Book 2 ;)
P.S: I might just consider making a book where the surviving engines will return to sodor and try to track down the engines that they havent seen yet though its probably going to be boring. If you want to know what the new railway is called, its "Stardew Railway" and its gonna be a bit magical but you just gonna wait and find out what that means ;).
I will also focus on my other book now "Sodor Final Days". Sry for the rushed book and parts, this is my first fanfiction and i am just doing this out of boredom and fun.