unperturbed

unperturbed; adjective
un·​per·​turbed | \ ˌən-pər-ˈtərbd \

: free from emotional or mental agitation

They were having Transfiguration Class with Mcgonagall. As they were disscusing the act of human transfiguration something soft hit the back of Remus' head, slowly falling down beside his ankle. He grabbed the crampled piece hesitantly, as if afraid it will explode in between his fingertips.

It was a regular, possibly handwritten paper note. Funny how the person who threw this didnt bother enchanting it to fly safely on to his desk. Remus slowly opened the folds of the note revealing itʼs contents. The note was written in Sirius' slanted and blotchy hand writing.

Hey moony, I was wondering if youʼre free on Feb 14. No, its not my usual foolery. Yes, iʼm fully aware of the full moon. Pls return the letter with your answer. An actual sure answer. *Padfoot

Remus reread the letter multiple times, taking glances to make sure Professor Mcgonagall doesnʼt notice the letter being held in his hand.

He usually never agreed to most of the tasks his friends do, such as; passing notes in the middle of a class disscusion but in this specific instance, Sirius was definitely an exception.

The letter was visibly not made in a joking matter. Remus wondered what this was mainly all about.

Remus hid the letter in his robe pocket, tuning into the lesson once again. He made a mental note to write a reply right after class ends as his first priority.

Thankfully, Mcgonagall did not catch Remus clutching to the sides of Sirius' note in the middle of her disscusion. Either she ignored it or did not notice at all.

The class ended after some long minutes later. Remus was writing the note of the reply he was to going to give to Sirius. He finished it off in a hurry but turning his head to the seat 4 meters behind him, he saw that Sirius was no longer in the classroom.
-

James had detention again for using a bat-bogey hex on no other than Lucius Malfoy. The snarky pointed faced blond from the Slytherin house.

Of course, he was caught by Professor Mcgonagall whom the marauders prefer to call as ʼʼMcgeeʼʼ.

Mcgee was walking to the great hall upon finding two boys having a one-on-one battle with each other. And as mentioned in the rules, students are not allowed to use magic against each other in the corridors.

They were disciplined by getting a detention together. Which was behind the reason James was in Filch's office cleaning and organising old parchments and scrolls with a Malfoy rather than spending his time with Sirius, Peter and Remus. A more advisable option.

James despised the Malfoy boy more than he did before. If only he would stop giving him looks by the side then he wouldn't have been trying to wipe his blasted smirk of his face.

Although he hated the Malfoy boy he despised old snivelus way more. James thought as he placed a pile of scrolls down the lower drawer.

The oily haired boy should know that a little more shampoo wouldnʼt hurt a bloke. He figured Snivellus' personality was about as greasy as his hair. No wait, it was greasier.

He smiled to himself while aligning the ends of the pack of parchments.
-

Remus eventually found Sirius bundled up in Remus' old sweater he lost a week ago. Remus silently laughed. So thats where it went.

He cautiously approached him, possibly scared to disturb the peacful waves of relaxation vibrating in the air they breathed in. Remus layed down beside Sirius and gently placed his reply in the other boyʼs hand.

He knew Sirius would not know once he wakes up so he took the chance and gently planted a kiss on Sirius' forehead. Remus fell into a peacful slumber with his head in the crook of Sirius' neck in unperturbed silence. Free from the chaos of the real world.

a/n: two chapters published in one day! word count is 701. hope you enjoyed it, thank you all so much and ily <33

also it's 2.44 am on a monday [considering its technically the next day] :ʼ)